Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The LMA Stunt Show is still a relatively new attraction and has always been very popular any time I've been there.

To be honest I think Hollywood Studios needs as many attractions as possible, at the moment it really is a half day park at best. I don't know if there would be any kind of possibility of having Indy relocated to the other side of the park to tie in with the theming of sunset blvd?

Just past it's 10th anniversary. It currently only runs two shows a day and rarely fills the grandstands. I like the show, but I think they space could be much better utilized.

ToTBellHop

Just past it's 10th anniversary. It currently only runs two shows a day and rarely fills the grandstands. I like the show, but I think they space could be much better utilized.
Or they could just keep the grandstand and build a new Indy stunt show back there...with surrounding Indy dining and retail :cool:

chiefs11

Or they could just keep the grandstand and build a new Indy stunt show back there...with surrounding Indy dining and retail :cool:
I wouldn't expect any new stunt shows. I don't think they'll fit the new direction of the park. It isn't going to be about showing how movies are made or how stunts are performed, it will be about placing the guests directly into experiences. So with that in mind, I don't see how a new stunt show would fit.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't expect any new stunt shows. I don't think they'll fit the new direction of the park. It isn't going to be about showing how movies are made or how stunts are performed, it will be about placing the guests directly into experiences. So with that in mind, I don't see how a new stunt show would fit.
No show would fit that theme.

FigmentJedi

That doesn't factor in at all, a lot of disney villians meet their demise in the movies and are still available for meet & greet duty
2015-08-11-1033jafar.png

chiefs11

No show would fit that theme.
I agree with you there, but I'm just going by what they said at d23. I just wouldn't expect them to develop a new stunt show, at least not one that showcases how they do things. Maybe a stage show that includes stunts?

The park just simply won't be about making movies or how things are done anymore, so there's no way they'd develop something new in that vein. I suppose anything existing that is leftover when the transformation is complete gets a pass, or a new backstory, or tweaks to make it fit the overall theme better.

SYRIK2000

I agree with you there, but I'm just going by what they said at d23. I just wouldn't expect them to develop a new stunt show, at least not one that showcases how they do things. Maybe a stage show that includes stunts?

The park just simply won't be about making movies or how things are done anymore, so there's no way they'd develop something new in that vein. I suppose anything existing that is leftover when the transformation is complete gets a pass, or a new backstory, or tweaks to make it fit the overall theme better.
I think the only thing left from the original format is the two stunt shows. Once they're gone, it's all new format.

ToTBellHop

How do you figure?
You are not part of the story in a stunt or stage show. You are watching the story. 3D show I could see, on second thought.

Honestly, now they are just aligning the rest of the park with the story of attractions like ToT, RnRC, Star Tours, and TSMM, which have nothing to do with creating entertainment and are instead meant to draw guests into real worlds based upon popular entertainment.

Bairstow

You are not part of the story in a stunt or stage show. You are watching the story. 3D show I could see, on second thought.

I really hope "placing guests into the story" isn't going to be some kind of prerequisite for attractions going forward.
Mansion, Pirates, and Splash Mountain all work fine without this sort of convention.
Heck, Mansion and Pirates aren't even supposed to have stories!

lazyboy97o

I really hope "placing guests into the story" isn't going to be some kind of prerequisite for attractions going forward.
Mansion, Pirates, and Splash Mountain all work fine without this sort of convention.
The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean very much do have stories, what they lack is a specific linear narrative.

Haunted Mansion most definitely puts you in the story, as the whole thing is narrated specifically to you by the Ghost Host.

ToTBellHop

It seems that is the plan at DHS, anyway. And to me that makes sense for the entertainment park.

Bairstow

The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean very much do have stories, what they lack is a specific linear narrative.

Haunted Mansion most definitely puts you in the story, as the whole thing is narrated specifically to you by the Ghost Host.

You and I seem to differ on our definitions of "story".

ToTBellHop

You and I seem to differ on our definitions of "story".
Haunted Mansion, to me, largely DOESN'T have a story. At least not as designed. It's been watered down in recent years to at least have some sort of story, but as originally imagined, it's just an eclectic mix of ghouls with no overarching story. Sometimes, we see stories that aren't really there due to that awful Eddie Murphy movie, too.

What is Pirates' story now? I can't figure it out. The forced Captain Jack story confuses me and I hate that every fourth phrase is "Captain Jack Sparrow" which no one calls him in the films. It would have been fun to incorporate that gag, actually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom