Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyfan1981

It could refer to a novel, a tv show, a board game, a video game or a comic book. Their goal with this land is to be Westworld, thus experience is the best fit for what they're aiming for.

ExcitableLeanIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

bclane

I would think the reverse to be true.

And experience can be anything.

In Star Wars, the Galactic Edge is uncharted space. It's where they went to in Episode 7 to Maz's place. It's where this trading post is located.
Yeah, I think you're right. The fact that this is supposed to be a trading village that is located at the edge of the Outer Rim Territories is key to the story they are trying to tell. What kind of people would be traveling through this kind of area? Who would occupy this planet? I imagine some very interesting characters, many of whom likely have questionable backgrounds. I mean beyond this outpost is Wild Space, so it is extremely far from the Core. Just naming the area after the planet it's on or by the name of the village wouldn't convey the same message that Galaxies Edge does. I have a feeling we'll soon learn the name of the planet but the more I think about it, Galaxies Edge, if that is truly the name, works really well. I think it tells us a lot about the kind of story we will be living when we visit this new area.

Last edited:

2351metalcloud

Star Wars Experience was a better name. Star Wars Galaxy's Edge could refer to anything SW.

They can open a Star Wars area in one of the Asian parks in the future without having to append something on to "Star Wars Experience" like "Star Wars Experience: Endor In Peril". Now they could just have "Star Wars" in front of the name for an area in Asia and use the Galaxy's Edge phrase for other media that has to do with the things in the park.

No Name

I just assumed it would be called Star Wars Land.

Honestly, that's the most clear and marketable name, and so that's what I think they'll wind up going with. It also fits better alongside the name Toy Story Land in DHS, and the names Aventureland, Fronteirland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland in DL.

If they named the addition to DCA Cars Land instead of Radiator Springs, I don't see how or why this is getting named anything other than Star Wars Land. I'm not against it, I just can't see it.

It really does. I like it better than the star wars experience, or whatever the insiders were throwing around

If my memory serves me correctly, Disney said they were going to reveal the name at some convention a year or two back, and at that convention, Harrison Ford called it "The Star Wars Experience," so people including myself took that as the name. Then Disney just kept on calling it Star Wars Land, so we realized, well, that isn't the name. I don't know what happened internally.

the.dreamfinder

They can open a Star Wars area in one of the Asian parks in the future without having to append something on to "Star Wars Experience" like "Star Wars Experience: Endor In Peril". Now they could just have "Star Wars" in front of the name for an area in Asia and use the Galaxy's Edge phrase for other media that has to do with the things in the park.
They're never going to build a Star Wars Land in Asia. Definitely for Paris, but not for one of the Asian parks.

TP2000

It really does. I like it better than the star wars experience, or whatever the insiders were throwing around

I went to D23 Expo this afternoon and looked at the giant model. Pictures and video can't do it justice. What was surprising in real life was just how sprawling and deep the "town" portion of the land is on the right side of the model. There's so many buildings and structures and alleys and streets! There's a lot of space there to flesh out all sorts of experiences with retail/dining/entertainment. WOW!

I think the "remote outpost" element of this land's story will be an important one. Thus the "Galaxy's Edge" title really will sum it up and explain what we're doing there and why.

Mike S

I went to D23 Expo this afternoon and looked at the giant model. Pictures and video can't do it justice. What was surprising in real life was just how sprawling and deep the "town" portion of the land is on the right side of the model. There's so many buildings and structures and alleys and streets! There's a lot of space there to flesh out all sorts of experiences with retail/dining/entertainment. WOW!

I think the "remote outpost" element of this land's story will be an important one. Thus the "Galaxy's Edge" title really will sum it up and explain what we're doing there and why.
Did you meet Mark Hamill like I did?

And you didn't try to meet me?
giphy.gif

TP2000

Did you meet Mark Hamill like I did?

And you didn't try to meet me?
giphy.gif

Oops! :oops:

I just sort of ended up there on a whim. But I'm glad I did it. I saw Mark Hammill as he was driven by in the parade past the WDI Pavilion. I was actually more impressed with the old electric cars they were using to chaueffeur Hammill and Stan Lee around the showfloor for the parade. Walt used to drive around Disneyland in those same cars! Nice touch, D23!

walt5_474-copy.jpg

Mike S

Oops! :oops:

I just sort of ended up there on a whim. But I'm glad I did it. I saw Mark Hammill as he was driven by in the parade past the WDI Pavilion. I was actually more impressed with the old electric cars they were using to chaueffeur Hammill and Stan Lee around the showfloor for the parade. Walt used to drive around Disneyland in those same cars! Nice touch, D23!

walt5_474-copy.jpg
They must've been doing that during the 50th Pirates panel otherwise I would've seen them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom