Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

thepirateking

This place is going to be packed. For years.

I hope there are enough droids and characters roaming around so that each one does not cause lines and traffic jams all over.

I'm hoping it's like cash flying around in one of those wind capsules. I just want to be surrounded and randomly bounce from one character to the next.

"A Jawa, let's go see him."
"A Tusken Raider! Watch out!"
"Hey, it's a hammerhead"
"Look! Another droid!"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm skeptical about this whole "Galactic Credits" thing and your reputation affecting other aspects of the land. For one, they keep re-using the same example (whether or not you damage the Falcon). Sometimes, companies keep mentioning the same idea because they don't want to give too much away. Other times, the one example is all there is, but people imagine some massively complex system that never materializes. Do you guys think we're getting the former or the latter?

I am sure they have grand plans for the interaction, but I also wonder how much of it will become reality, especially since this is going to require a lot of entertainment CM's which they seem to be cutting back on a lot recently.

thepirateking

I am sure they have grand plans for the interaction, but I also wonder how much of it will become reality, especially since this is going to require a lot of entertainment CM's which they seem to be cutting back on a lot recently.

I was going to mention the same issue in my last post. They say there are going to be all these characters. But, they sound more like performers. How many are they going to shell out for? And for how long?

thepirateking

Does anyone else find these models a little hard to look at from afar? They are so detailed (painted, weathered, etc.) that it's hard to focus on the thing as a whole. This was especially true of the Pandora model. It was just a big purple/blue/pink/green thing with little bits and pieces all over. This model is a little easier on the eyes since it is less organic.

Just an observation. The close-ups give a remarkable sense of being there.

BlindChow

The "Credits Thing" was done in the Harry Potter land in Universal...

http://wizardingworldpark.com/gringotts-money-exchange-diagon-alley/2014/07/01/
That doesn't sound like what this is.

The Harry Potter thing sounds like the old "Disney Dollars."

Galactic Credits sound like something you get as a reward for "doing well" on the ride, some sort of extra layer of interaction to the land separate from actual American currency. It's not like they're going to charge you actual money for running the Falcon into a building (as the Imagineer's example implies).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That doesn't sound like what this is.

The Harry Potter thing sounds like the old "Disney Dollars."

Galactic Credits sound like something you get as a reward for "doing well" on the ride, some sort of extra layer of interaction to the land separate from actual American currency. It's not like they're going to charge you actual money for running the Falcon into a building (as the Imagineer's example implies).

Maybe some sort of point system.

BlindChow

"A Tusken Raider! Watch out!"

It would be awesome if you occasionally look up and see one of these looking down from one of the mountaintops:

flmidtN.gif

"Hey, it's a hammerhead"

Ahem. That's THEIR word.

thepirateking

That's what I was thinking.

I wonder if it'll use your phone in some way. Log in to a website or app and if you have enough "Credits" you can trigger certain events in Star Wars Land, a la the Phineas and Ferb thing at Epcot.

I'll be seriously disappointed if I just can't "Use the Force".

Maybe a Jedi upcharge...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney didn't, but our trusted insiders here have been saying it since the lands were announced last August.

The best guess is DLR for Spring Break 2019, DHS Thanksgiving 2019. Which would put one of them opening before D23 2019.

My point was that there are people who didn't believe what was being said by those insiders so it was good to get it direct from Disney.

jt04

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here... But it's a LOT of brown. I'm sure it'll look impressive in person, and I get that a lot of Star Wars worlds are that way... But geez. It just doesn't come off as warm or inviting, I guess.

Everything Disney does not have to look like someone spilled a bowl of skittles.

I think people were taken aback by the muted color palette. However, I believe it will grow on people. I love the "counterprogramming" personally.

Goofyernmost

But simultaneous openings would help split the crowds between both locations.
I don't understand... am I reading that correctly. Do you think that it makes even the slightest difference in travel plans when those on the east coast know that their own identical land is opening soon after. Yea, I know there are some so obsessed that they might go to Cali when it opens, but, thankfully most still have the common sense to wait... I hope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom