Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't understand... am I reading that correctly. Do you think that it makes even the slightest difference in travel plans when those on the east coast know that their own identical land is opening soon after. Yea, I know there are some so obsessed that they might go to Cali when it opens, but, thankfully most still have the common sense to wait... I hope.

I think there are enough die hard fans that will want to go in the first few weeks/months that it might make a difference.

Goofyernmost

My point was that there are people who didn't believe what was being said by those insiders so it was good to get it direct from Disney.
Not everything has to be told. If you start an identical project months ahead, the common sense deduction is that it will open up behind the first one, not at the same time. Do we have to be directly told everything? Since they are both identical I don't feel that it makes a single dip of difference if they stagger it or do it all at the same time, however, at the same time would make it difficult for the big wheels to be at two parks at once to get their collective pats on the back by the massive grouping of SW fanbois. Spreading a little to thin. I think it is fine that DL is going to be first. Hopefully by the time it gets to Florida they will have worked out all the alien bugs. And seriously, @danlb_2000 is your alter ego jt04 all of a sudden.

Goofyernmost

I think there are enough die hard fans that will want to go in the first few weeks/months that it might make a difference.
So that just means that it will maximize both parks. Those that went to DL for that opening, you know will be in WDW for the opening as well. Two admissions instead of one. Do them both together and they will only get one admission. That wouldn't normally work for any other franchise besides SW, but, it will for that one.

twebber55

I don't understand... am I reading that correctly. Do you think that it makes even the slightest difference in travel plans when those on the east coast know that their own identical land is opening soon after. Yea, I know there are some so obsessed that they might go to Cali when it opens, but, thankfully most still have the common sense to wait... I hope.
We're talking star wars fans
Some wont wait 6 months because they ve been waiting for this for 40 years
Not me but the obsessed people will

Disneyfan1981

Agreed absolutely. If I could afford it I would travel East to see it open at Disney Studios. I would happily attend both without much prodding. People underestimate Star Wars fans especially those who grew up in the times of the original trilogy and how connected this whole thing is to their childhood. I would happily go even if they were identical down to the last tree branch but knowing the two parks and their rides and lands there are always differences and those differences are what make the experiences worth it not to mention being there "first." I mean I still see people walking around with their Force Awakens premiere shirts they bought the night it opened from the theaters. Us Star Wars fans are a unique breed I mean who else is buying $200+ action figures multiple times without much convincing?

giphy.gif

A Reddit user found an image in the the Parks blog source code titled "Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Announced as Name for Star Wars Lands at Disney Parks."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/comments/6nccmp/spoiler_name_of_star_wars_land_revealed/

Galaxy's Edge if it turns out to be true is a little anti-climatic. I would have hoped they named the area a planet or at least an outpost style like Mos something but whatever.

the.dreamfinder

I would think the reverse to be true.

And experience can be anything.

In Star Wars, the Galactic Edge is uncharted space. It's where they went to in Episode 7 to Maz's place. It's where this trading post is located.
It could refer to a novel, a tv show, a board game, a video game or a comic book.

Their goal with this land is to be Westworld, thus experience is the best fit for what they're aiming for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom