Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamboatJoe

Even if traveling to the international Disney Parks is too expensive... doesn't it seem a little selfish to want clones of all of their rides in WDW? It doesn't necessarily make your experience better, but for the people who DO travel internationally to those parks, it must be kind of lame to see the same stuff across the globe. It would be like saying "I can't afford to travel to Paris so they should duplicate the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame in New York." Just my two cents.
I don't know about New York but I once saw an Eifel Tower in suburban Orlando :D

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
image.jpg

She gets around...

upload_2017-7-11_15-53-26.png

Castle Cake Apologist

See this >·<? that is the tiny little hole in which you view the world.

It doesn't need to be apples to apples here. The concept of the attraction can be tailored to whatever the heck it needs to be. Its an amazing attraction in an age where good family friendly dark rides seem impossible to build in the states.

No, that's actually an example of me understanding themed design and how each attraction should contribute to the overall message being relayed and the story being told.

I guess I need to reiterate again, but I have absolutely no problem with Mystic Manor coming to the states... just in a place where it won't hurt thematic integrity. I don't go to Disney parks to see a hodge-podge of random attractions thrown in wherever they seem to fit "well enough."

ANYWAYS, let's get back on topic as I had completely forgotten what thread this even was.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
50th. But I will add that as we have gotten closer to D23, my calls from 818 have been few and far between. I can read that one of two ways, too much talk may expose a source and it is wise to lay low, or maybe the source has already been exposed?

It is also interesting that I have seen less and less from @magicfeather recently? @marni1971 have you noticed anything that would lead you to believe some sources have been compromised? Oh, and as always, thanks for your input/news. It is much appreciated.
Thank you.

No, nothing. Things happen. People move on. Myself, I'm just reigning myself back a bit. I've nothing to prove and don't want to constantly be "that guy". Plus of course I've people and friends to honour. Could I say more? Absolutely. Could I talk about things I haven't? Yes. Could I spill the D23 beans? Probably. I could talk about **GE. WRTW. 220. LSE. WoW. WC. Resorts. Transport. But I'm not going to break trust. I have (with respect) no desire to be on a pedestal. I just have an interest in the parks and resorts development and am fortunate to have made some great friends over the years. And as always things can change. I'm not in charge. I don't sit in meeting rooms. Sometimes things seem too ridiculous to talk about at first. Or have a slim chance of happening.

I just say what I can when I think I should. And sometimes let others take the credit.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would LOVE if WDI would add things like that to the Peoplemover. While I enjoy the ride and always ride it when I'm there, there are many dark parts that could be enhanced with screens and digital mapping and even some AAs.

Unfortunately it seems they've been removing things whenever possible (minus lighting and paint) from the peoplemover tunnels :( the ride is much blander than its past

Castle Cake Apologist

Seriously? You're such a sneaky little thing! Guess that Colonial American Eatery is coming to Tomorrowland after all.

Seriously, though, thank you so much for everything that you do. We've been posting here nearly as long as one another (how absolutely crazy that we've been here 16 and 14 years, respectively!) and you've always been an extremely valuable resource in every conceivable way.

Goob

Thank you @marni1971 for everything that you can and do share.

You are someone that I wish I knew or had info from when I was a kid in the late 70's early 80's. Back then there was nothing but bus and tram drivers to pester about future WDW plans. I've always been mildly obsessed with what was to come at WDW and you satiate that itch. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom