Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bclane

/film's thoughts on the model and an extensive look at what it offers according to them. They also have pics of the 2 other entrances.
IMG_3997.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/a-new-star-wars-land-model-reveals-new-details/
Great article. And regarding their wonderings about all the ships they spotted...please, Mickey, please let the ships be interactive!

tk924

Disney already has direct access to my bank account and at least two of my credit cards. I basically go to work to send money to Mickey. Lol! :joyfull:

You may have heard this saying before but it is so true and cannot be said enough, IMHO...

"Disney World. A people trap built by a mouse."

Anyway, as a huge SW fan I am super excited for what's to come with the SW Land. I expect there'll be waits close to what FOP had when it opened.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
with all the trees, mountains and buildings. It seems one won't have to worry too much about direct sun.:)

That's even more reason to avoid a redo of Tatooine or planets that are more open.

This is one of the things I like about Diagon Alley, it literally feels 5 to 10 degrees cooler when you walk into the land. Based on the SWL model I think a similar thing could happen here.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wonder if they can do gun fights like the old western theme parks and ghost towns... basically block off areas for a show and have storm troopers shooting "blasters" at han solo and Chewbacca and them shooting back. with disneys imagination and budget this could be really cool, with blaster bolts and explosions.

This is exactly the sort of thing they talked about doing in the land during the presentation at the Star Wars Celebration convention a couple months ago.

Launchpad McQuack

3rd attraction.

Interesting. I would've thought increased capacity would be more likely, since that seems to be more of how things are going (with rides like Soarin' and Toy Story), and I am actually ok with them doing that, as it does help cut down wait times. I'm sure any true addition would be years off, but I like that they would possibly be open to it.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So Disney had my money when they announced this... but WOW this just looks so amazing, so many details it looks like a miniature of one of the sets from the movie. I can not wait to see it in real life.

Also interested to see what unique merchandise they come up with, if they think the branchee puppets are popular just imagine what a unique star wars themed item exclusive to the land would do!

Can not wait to see the presentation on Sat, here is hoping it's livestreamed for us all stuck at home.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting. I would've thought increased capacity would be more likely, since that seems to be more of how things are going (with rides like Soarin' and Toy Story), and I am actually ok with them doing that, as it does help cut down wait times. I'm sure any true addition would be years off, but I like that they would possibly be open to it.
Unlike TSM and Soarin', the interior configuration of these attractions don't easily lend themselves to add ons. Shall we say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom