Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TP2000

Toontown isn't going anywhere.

More fun with maps.... so since ToonTown at Disneyland is staying... I drew out what 14 acres could look like at Disneyland.

disneyland-starwars-jpg.106158

That changes things quite a bit for both coasts if Toontown is staying. Instead of a rectangle shaped plot of land you've got a roughly box shaped plot of land with a specific entry path on one side. And at Disneyland it uses a space far removed from the rest of the park so sightlines aren't an issue and on three sides of the 14 acres there's nothing but city streets and backstage offices.

It would seem that the DHS acreage would use the same footprint roughly. Although the repurposing of buildings around Echo Lake and such seems rather... cheap. At Disneyland they are going to have to bulldoze the few squat backstage buildings there and use the 5 acres of Circle D ranch facility that is just dusty horse paddocks now, and start from scratch.

I can't believe they won't also be starting from scratch in DHS as well. :confused:

Last edited:

twebber55

That may be correct. As I understand it, they can't close Indy until 2017 and they want the Frozen Sing-a-Long to run at least until the area at EPCOT is live.

Once they get rolling though, it may not take them much longer than two years (since everything is pretty much already in place). That fits with the 2019-2020 timeline I heard today.

So they will have:
- Frozen in 2016
- Toy Story Playland in 2018
- Star Wars in late 2019/2020
that sounds right

matt9112

Okay, I'll bite. Why the disdain for California?

On a generic level it's the over regulation of everything you can and can't do in your daily life. Goverments job is not to tell people how to live but to be a hand maiden between various people. Disney wise? Because that coast seems to always get attention non stop.

El Grupo

Regarding timing of the SW expansion, my hope is that Disney will not want want major construction underway in one of the four parks during the WDW 50th anniversary celebration.
It wouldn't be torn down, it would just be like Star Tours v3 only with a new name.

But, the more I try to analyze the concept art, since the outside queue seems to be gone, it would seem to indicate Star Tours is staying put because they don't expect to need the extended queue any longer.

OR, if Star Tours is the Falcon ride, the Falcon walkthrough could actually be part of the queue...

Hopefully you can help with some confusion. Seems like there have been a few posts alluding to the possibility of Star Tours being one of the two signature (Falcon) rides mentioned by Iger.

If that turned out to be the case, wouldn't that mean that Disneyland would need to build their Star Wars Land in Tomorrowland or move the attraction to wherever the land is built?

Last edited:

El Grupo

Star Tours is staying Star Tours just with extra scenes and characters, Falcon is a separate new ride/attraction, Iger stated that ST would be getting enhanced after he spoke of the 2 rides coming to the land.

This has been my assumption since the announcement. Just found some of the speculative posts regarding those signature SW attractions in DHS curious.

Sketch105

Just a random observation- once construction begins in Echo Lake area, I expect we won't be seeing any more Frozen processions, Star Wars parades or anything else for awhile until opening. Although I am now hyped for a REAL Star Wars parade with AT-ATs and Banthas, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom