Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ragetti

Tbh they could make Star Tours part of the entrance to the new land, if you want to "fly" to the new land you go via Star Tours and the exit leads into the new land, otherwise have a themed walkthrough into the entrance, but hey that's just me

That would be perfect, IMO.

matt9112

Addressing the Disney stuff, there seems to be this mis-conception that Disneyland gets all the good stuff and WDW is always left out. Many in the WDW crowd are endlessly in the comparison game. Mine is bigger than yours or complaining that they always get the good stuff. Both coasts have plenty to complain about and plenty to be excited for. Star Wars is coming to both coasts. Enjoy it.

As for the general California bashing all I will say is that the comments I have read from you in the past show how misinformed you are and thankfully some of the most distasteful (regarding brush fires) were removed. There are 50 states, each with different philosophies. There is more than one way to accomplish the same task. Just because you believe there is only one way to do something doesn’t mean that is the only way. So called overregulation hasn’t seemed to have stopped some of the most innovative companies in the world from being located in CA. Local government is not nearly as intrusive as you say it is and even if it was, again there are different philosophies on the role of government. To be so narrow minded is destructive and inhibits progress. Anyway that is off topic. To put a theme park spin on it I would say that is like only visiting Disney parks (or possibly only 1 Disney resort like WDW or DLR) without even given consideration to any other brand and further bashing another product because of your own insecurities. That would never happen in the Disney community would it. :rolleyes:

We all wish things Star Wars would be built sooner and yes it probably should have started construction by now. I am hopeful the end result will make it worth the wait.

Meh to each his or her own. I think the Disney stuff comes from the fact that two more tightly packed parks in CA have pretty much everything four parks in Florida has. So there's that. Off topic aside although some progress is made in California some of the stuff I know about is sad. (Crush cars with swapped engines) for example. Or complete disregard of the second amendment. And in both of these examples no greater good has come from it. (The tiny amount of people swapping engines for sport have no impact on the greater emission problem) and likewise (styles and types of firearms being legal or not have no bearing on crime) in fact I would argue the police tactics used in California on the "war on drugs" have done more harm than some of the criminals themselves. I may not share your ideas but calling me misinformed is insulting and rude But alas it's what I exspect from that philosophy. When I ask for prof that x y z works there is nothing to be heard? Except name calling and quick judgement. I live and work in boston I know more about that ideology than you believe.

Mawg

Okay, raise your hands... Who didn't see THIS coming? :D

Scheduled opening... 2020. ;)
I think construction won't start until summer of 2017, it will take 4 years to complete and open the summer of 2021, a few months prior to the 3rd movie in the 3rd trilogy.

odmichael

I think construction won't start until summer of 2017, it will take 4 years to complete and open the summer of 2021, a few months prior to the 3rd movie in the 3rd trilogy.
The Third movie in the third trilogy is 2019.

The Force Awakens - Dec. 2015
Rogue One - Dec. 2016
Episode VIII - May 2017
Han Solo Movie - 2018 (Most likely May)
Episode VIII - 2019 (Most likely May)
Spinoff Film 3 - 2020

If it's released in 2021, all 6 films have been made by then. I assume Disney will have a phase II up their sleeves. But what and when will remain a mystery.

IMFearless

I think he referring to the fact that they said they were theme parks, as opposed to expansions of existing theme parks.

Correct, no mention of expansion, nor of the fact that these new parks were to be located at WDW or DLR.

To someone who has never visited WDW or DL the report would most likely lead them to believe two totally new Star Wars theme parks were being built by Disney. DLR and WDW were not mentioned at all.

Mawg

The Third movie in the third trilogy is 2019.

The Force Awakens - Dec. 2015
Rogue One - Dec. 2016
Episode VIII - May 2017
Han Solo Movie - 2018 (Most likely May)
Episode VIII - 2019 (Most likely May)
Spinoff Film 3 - 2020

If it's released in 2021, all 6 films have been made by then. I assume Disney will have a phase II up their sleeves. But what and when will remain a mystery.
You're right I counted wrong, but still don't think this land will be completed before summer of 2021. Sad that it won't be completed to hype the new trilogy.

Lee

Adventurer
Lots of Wall Street sites are claiming a 2 billion dollar investment for the announced theme park additions. That looks like 2 billion for all the parks combined, not just WDW. I don't know how that will be possible personally, wasn't Cars Land 1.7 billion, and this one is even bigger and going to be across two parks?
Their numbers are way off, unless they are spinning them so as not to alarm Wall St.

Jneltner

wYTzwwl.jpg

My thought on where I think SWL being that the Parking lot i have outlined is about 14 acres and my guess would be that they will expand and build a large parking deck. More then likely totally wrong but it is fun guessing.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
the average consumer who gets news like this from msnbc or cnn probably wouldn't discern the difference. park, land, who cares what it's called. it's not as if they implied it was totally separate from the core parks. but tomato tomahto
Some people do get confused. I just had this conversation with my neighbor about Harry Potter. she thought you had to pay extra to get to see the Harry Potter stuff as many places said it was a Harry Potter Park. She looked at what was there and the daily Uni ticket price and was like that is it for $100. She was going to skip it until I explained it was just lands within the parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
the average consumer who gets news like this from msnbc or cnn probably wouldn't discern the difference. park, land, who cares what it's called. it's not as if they implied it was totally separate from the core parks. but tomato tomahto
Agreed. Some of those same people also think Harry Potter and Shamu are part of WDW. Not everyone knows or cares about the nuances of theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom