Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mickey_777

Couple things:

1. Too many pages to go thru, but any word yet as to SW Land being identical/different on both coasts?

2. What's the general feeling amongst SW nerdom regarding Disney chosing to go with an new planet rather than a place in the SW universe that they've been dreaming of visiting their whole lives?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
From what they have said both the Lands will be identical, and the way they talked about the world it is one from the movies not necessarily the force awakens perhaps one from further down the line.

matt9112

Just a random observation- once construction begins in Echo Lake area, I expect we won't be seeing any more Frozen processions, Star Wars parades or anything else for awhile until opening. Although I am now hyped for a REAL Star Wars parade with AT-ATs and Banthas, etc.

Clearly you don't know the details of an AT AT it could not fit down any of the pathways in DHS and a massive maintenance hangar would need to be build for repairs and servicing. and how do you plan to get those weapons systems through us customs?

matt9112

From what they have said both the Lands will be identical, and the way they talked about the world it is one from the movies not necessarily the force awakens perhaps one from further down the line.

I think they specificly want it to be a land not from ANY movis because your not going to relive movies your going to create your own new adventure in the EU. So minus a mention or brief appearance I don't think this planet is Destin for film.

twebber55

Couple things:

1. Too many pages to go thru, but any word yet as to SW Land being identical/different on both coasts?

2. What's the general feeling amongst SW nerdom regarding Disney chosing to go with an new planet rather than a place in the SW universe that they've been dreaming of visiting their whole lives?
me personally in terms of new place i m good with
It almost gives imagineering an open plate to create a new land but with a strong IP tied in....

matt9112

Couple things:

So far BASED on what we know the two will be the same somehow and your both coast argument is rubbish because Statsticly guests will never visit both. That's only for us foaming at the mouth types.
Regarding your second question I rather like it...I don't want to relive a movie I want something fresh and unheard of.

NormC

I believe Echo Lake will remain as it gives a smooth transition from one world to the next. The dinosaur may have to go. I also believe Star Tours will remain and is not one of the two new rides.

The Empress Lilly

Couple things:

I'm perfectly good with it. There a million directions you can take a SW presence in the parks in. For me the choice of SW locale is like the choice of setting, architecture and mood of a WS country. You can represent Japan in a million ways, and make a good case for each choice. The more important thing is that you capture the flavour, the essence (or at least a Disneyfied stereotype).

Also, for all of its mystery and escapism, SW doesn't really have much in the way of places that should be build, places the fan is dying to visit. I think any fan would get bored out of its mind from merely walking around icy Hoth or the Endor forest. Hoth for nerdom focuses more on riding a tauntaun, seeing an AT-AT approach.

mikenatcity1

sorry it it's posted here! Was it announced as to when to expect the lands or where it will go in Hollywood Studios? (I read it will be going in the backstage areas and Big Thunder Ranch at Disneyland, but not where in DHS).

Mike S

We will just have to wait till 2150 for them to finish :p
No, earlier than that.
image.jpg

:cool:

odmichael

Something that just crossed my head. Thinking 4-5 years from now, do you guys think that the Park's hours of operation and/or extra magic hours will increase significantly?

If they really wanted to, they could leave Star Wars land open 24 hours and I'd have those 4am $30 Cantina cocktails and then ride the motion rides hammered when the crowds disintegrate. :rolleyes:

I know this is all but a fantasy to me. But I still think that the crowds we've seen at Universal will be become minuscule compared to the ones we will see here. 14 acres sounds like a lot of space. But when you think about how much of that will be space for people, it worries me. The good thing is it seems that Star Wars land will be build upward in some spots as well.

Frankie The Beer

Lots of Wall Street sites are claiming a 2 billion dollar investment for the announced theme park additions. That looks like 2 billion for all the parks combined, not just WDW. I don't know how that will be possible personally, wasn't Cars Land 1.7 billion, and this one is even bigger and going to be across two parks?

Travel Junkie

On a generic level it's the over regulation of everything you can and can't do in your daily life. Goverments job is not to tell people how to live but to be a hand maiden between various people. Disney wise? Because that coast seems to always get attention non stop.

Addressing the Disney stuff, there seems to be this mis-conception that Disneyland gets all the good stuff and WDW is always left out. Many in the WDW crowd are endlessly in the comparison game. Mine is bigger than yours or complaining that they always get the good stuff. Both coasts have plenty to complain about and plenty to be excited for. Star Wars is coming to both coasts. Enjoy it.

As for the general California bashing all I will say is that the comments I have read from you in the past show how misinformed you are and thankfully some of the most distasteful (regarding brush fires) were removed. There are 50 states, each with different philosophies. There is more than one way to accomplish the same task. Just because you believe there is only one way to do something doesn’t mean that is the only way. So called overregulation hasn’t seemed to have stopped some of the most innovative companies in the world from being located in CA. Local government is not nearly as intrusive as you say it is and even if it was, again there are different philosophies on the role of government. To be so narrow minded is destructive and inhibits progress. Anyway that is off topic. To put a theme park spin on it I would say that is like only visiting Disney parks (or possibly only 1 Disney resort like WDW or DLR) without even given consideration to any other brand and further bashing another product because of your own insecurities. That would never happen in the Disney community would it. :rolleyes:

We all wish things Star Wars would be built sooner and yes it probably should have started construction by now. I am hopeful the end result will make it worth the wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom