Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

Why would they have put the fire escapes back on that façade if they plan to remove it?

Exactly. I was talking about the unthemed side and what the future holds for it. I was making the point that it will be covered and not left to look like a movie set.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Exactly. I was talking about the unthemed side and what the future holds for it. I was making the point that it will be covered and not left to look like a movie set.
If you use the word facade that's possibly what most would think you mean. Of which you said you doubt any would be visible.

Oh well.

azox

Yep. Currently 6 variations as opposed to 54 (original roster of places) or 96 (currently at DL with the addition of the Ep VII stuff plus randomization).

The randomization is the best part, it's disappointing they haven't unlocked it yet at DHS.

I know they randomize the cut scenes, but this last time they were not. However I did notice that ending scene on naboo where the ship pokes through the windshield did change for us once. Instead of breaking the glass they threw paint on the windshield which caught us off guard. Such a minor change but still neat that they can have a small variation on one cut scene.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know they randomize the cut scenes, but this last time they were not. However I did notice that ending scene on naboo where the ship pokes through the windshield did change for us once. Instead of breaking the glass they threw paint on the windshield which caught us off guard. Such a minor change but still neat that they can have a small variation on one cut scene.
You'll also sometimes hit Jar Jar underwater on Naboo. Welcome little changes spoilt by the opening destination being locked in.

KingOfEpicocity

No, Muppets doesn't = Indy, however, there is a transition between the two and frankly I don't think that the Muppets are all that time specific anyway.

I don't have a problem with it. Pizza rizzo seems to kind of have its own time and place among the "facades" if you will. I'm just curious as to how guests would respond to a muppets "land" with not much really saying muppets, especially before SWL. but I guess Pixar place was never much of a land either lol.

Marc Davis Fan

I'm just curious as to how guests would respond to a muppets "land" with not much really saying muppets, especially before SWL.

The idea of a "Muppets Courtyard" has potential for interesting things, e.g., various props that reference the movies and shows, but as you say, it doesn't seem like they're really doing much with it so far. It would be nice if it had some kind of overarching aesthetic, too. I hope the renovation of the Muppet-Vision building will help. Right now the area feels like a bunch of unrelated buildings in a city that could be New York with a few references to muppets thrown in.

jt04

Well, it seems SWL at DL has finally gone vertical if you count barrier walls and maintenance support buildings. I am just glad DHS has a support building in place. DL is catching up though.

Rteetz

Well, it seems SWL at DL has finally gone vertical if you count barrier walls and maintenance support buildings. I am just glad DHS has a support building in place. DL is catching up though.
If you count those it's been vertical for a while now. You're about a month or two behind...

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Continuously saying the DHS is ahead doesn't make it true. DL has the basement level excavated for one of the rides already, even if DHS doesn't need to excavate, they would still need to build up to hold whatever is going to be in that basement and since they haven't started that yet they are clearly behind.

jt04

Continuously saying the DHS is ahead doesn't make it true. DL has the basement level excavated for one of the rides already, even if DHS doesn't need to excavate, they would still need to build up to hold whatever is going to be in that basement and since they haven't started that yet they are clearly behind.

Personally think DL has not gone vertical on the land elements themselves because they are still in the design stage. So everyday WDW gets closer to DL. I find the process fascinating to say the least.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Personally think DL has not gone vertical on the land elements themselves because they are still in the design stage. So everyday WDW gets closer to DL. I find the process fascinating to say the least.

Also, it's highly unlikely that they would have started to dig the foundation for a show building if they didn't have the basic design of the building locked down. The more cosmetic stuff could still be in the design phase, but it's unlikely that the structure of the building is in flux at this point.

jt04

Also, it's highly unlikely that they would have started to dig the foundation for a show building if they didn't have the basic design of the building locked down. The more cosmetic stuff could still be in the design phase, but it's unlikely that the structure of the building is in flux at this point.

WDW is ahead in some aspects, behind in others. That is what makes it so fascinating. And I agree the shells of the buildings are probably set, but what I was talking about was the details that still need to be developed for both locations. Doubt it is enough that construction can't begin at either location.

Goofyernmost

WDW is ahead in some aspects, behind in others. That is what makes it so fascinating. And I agree the shells of the buildings are probably set, but what I was talking about was the details that still need to be developed for both locations. Doubt it is enough that construction can't begin at either location.
It's obvious that you are currently obsessing about this, but, I have to ask this question.. Why? What possible difference does it make which one is leading or isn't. I think that it is nothing even close to a race to get it done. There are still a lot of things that WDW has to do that don't even appear to be even close to being started, like the parking garage, etc.

I guess my point is even if you are right, what the hell difference does it make to anything. They will open it when the feel like it and if they have some reason that they don't want to open the DHS lands before DL then that is what they will do even if everything is finished a year ahead of the other. You are continuing the argue a point that is of no importance. Even if they surged ahead tomorrow, that doesn't mean that they will allow it to open sooner. It's just a waste of cyberspace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom