Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike730

I'll go digging, I just see the Disneyland one being reposted and bumped! Thanks!
image-jpeg.151051

Courtesy of @marni1971

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Say... Star Wars?

I think if any IP could support a full park it is Star Wars, but personally I still don't think it would be a good idea. If an IP looses popularity I think there is a lot more to loose if there is a full park dedicated to the IP then if you just have a ride or even a land dedicated to it. If a person has no interest in Star Wars, they probably won't go to a Star Wars park, but they would still go to a park with a Star Wars attraction, and may even go on the attraction just because its something to do.

With that said, it they built a Star Wars park I would be first in line! :)

Phicinfan

I think if any IP could support a full park it is Star Wars, but personally I still don't think it would be a good idea. If an IP looses popularity I think there is a lot more to loose if there is a full park dedicated to the IP then if you just have a ride or even a land dedicated to it. If a person has no interest in Star Wars, they probably won't go to a Star Wars park, but they would still go to a park with a Star Wars attraction, and may even go on the attraction just because its something to do.

I kind of agree, on both counts!

A fifth gate has to be something themeish. Not just IP. A futureworld or space oriented park would be awesome, heck would love some love for the Blackhole in it then :)

For that matter, would love them to get the IP for Star Trek, and make it a space battle kind of thing :)

HauntedMansionFLA

I'd be in line too. I'd also have some resort hotels connected to the park.

jt04

The only backside that may be visible is next to the Writers Stop location. Remember all the other facades are gone.

With all due respect I highly doubt any facades will be visible. Plus your drawing sort of proves that even if the scale is a bit understated. Or even way understated.

KingOfEpicocity

The facade that's still standing? Yes. The facade may change but it'll be a backdrop. Even if it will be technically outside of the "courtyard".

It just seems like there's more facade coming down than is in your rendering. Haven't they already taken down the New York backdrop? And most of the stuff between the New York street and muppetvision? I'm guessing they're opening it up to allow for better crowd flow into Star Wars land?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It just seems like there's more facade coming down than is in your rendering. Haven't they already taken down the New York backdrop? And most of the stuff between the New York street and muppetvision? I'm guessing they're opening it up to allow for better crowd flow into Star Wars land?
To be clear the only facade that will be left is the quarter closest to Writers Stop. Known as the Chevrolet corner.

jt04

Let's come back to this in a year. Just in case you're wrong.

OK, plans always change so anything can happen. But they seem to be moving towards getting rid of all the former working studio theming. I find it hard to believe that section will be overlooked.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
OK, plans always change so anything can happen. But they seem to be moving towards getting rid of all the former working studio theming. I find it hard to believe that section will be overlooked.
Many things are hard to believe.

It's certainly not been overlooked. It will be a 1940s designed area blending the backlot annex area to the SWL tunnel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom