Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HouseHacker97

Okay. I'm not going to complain about it anymore. I just don't want DHS's version of Star Wars Land to be an afterthought or an inferior version of Disneyland's. And, it is a valid concern, just look at the Space Mountain rides. Not to mention, the sheer amount of attractions that Disneyland has compared to MK.

With that said, I promise to be more optimistic about this. LOL.

Do we know how much later DHS's version will open after DLR's? the way I see it, DLR's will be like a soft opening to DHS's, in which they can learn more and work out the kinks of operation. This may or may not be helpful, but it seems like the Orlando version will be just a little bit shinier than Anaheim's. Their space mountain is much nicer and thought out after they saw the MK one. Just saying, IMO, a later opening date may suggest a superior land.

Variable

Do we know how much later DHS's version will open after DLR's? the way I see it, DLR's will be like a soft opening to DHS's, in which they can learn more and work out the kinks of operation. This may or may not be helpful, but it seems like the Orlando version will be just a little bit shinier than Anaheim's. Their space mountain is much nicer and thought out after they saw the MK one. Just saying, IMO, a later opening date may suggest a superior land.

The predicted dates have been mentioned many times, just a page or two back most recently I think.

Your reading to much into the staggered opening. There really is nothing to indicate superiority. To the contrary, a read of this thread and a couple of others indicates that a "spend just enough" approach is now being taken. Don't get your hopes too high, it's a long journey ahead.

Oh, and DL Space Mountain is a better ride. IMHO of course, and there's a thread about that debate someplace as well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Depending who you ask, rumor is that DL will open one and two years (maybe more) before DHS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just came across this from 2011 http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/05/all-about-incredible-star-wars-warring.html , A lot of the ideas seem very similar to what's being described here, especially the Omnimover ride vehicle
asasr.jpg

Note that this is NOT a Disney patent, Star Wars was just used for illustration purposes.

Variable

How are you defining dig?
How deep is deep to you?
Deep trenches? A trench can be a foot wide or 20, a foot deep or much more.

Required depth and width depends on many things. I'm not familiar with the geology of DL, so I don't know what's required for loads there. These aren't rhetorical questions, it's knowledge quest.

By standard industry definition, they've been digging. They've moved thousands of yards of dirt. They moved the berm to a new spot (temporary I'd guess). They've excavated for new utility vaults, probably already laid some new underground utils, forming up for various pours.

There's a whole lotta diggin' goin on round thar

Pam Hates Penguins

I know everyone is hype for trackless, but I hear this and I fear Battle Escape's going to be flat, flat, flat and have way too much floor showing, compromises that all Disney's trackless rides suffer from. Hybrid omnimover base sounds promising, however.

Yeah. WI was at Disneyland last week, Luigi's was suffering a little.

Siren

I'll definitely agree on the attractions, that's an embarrassment for MK, but to be fair the best space mountain is in Paris as you can tell from my profile pic:D I agree that Star Wars Land in HWS being inferior was a concern of mine, but now others' comments on it and @marni1971's sketch has pretty much erased my doubts. Anyway I think that the lands themselves will truly be epic clones and neither park will feel like it has been screwed over, but that's just my opinion. However this goes though, at least we will have Pandora to rival Cars Land, so it becomes a bit more level in terms of new additions.
LOL. That is a nice avatar. I've never been to Disneyland Paris before, it's on my bucket list though. The Ratatouille ride looks so amazing! And yes, I am that person who wouldn't mind a clone in the France Pavilion!

Anyway, I totally agree with your post and I'm glad you're so optimistic, too. It really is the way to go with projects like this. So, I am just going to have fun watching everything progress with both Star Wars Lands.

SWL in Orlando will be a bit taller than its Anaheim sister, so the vistas will be a bit more majestic. It's my understanding that Anaheim's show buildings are going to be sunk a bit into the ground to keep sightlines from the RoA from being a minimized as much as possible.

Can't dig down much at DHS or else it will be Dagobah land.
Wow! That's great news. Taller is definitely better! Just like Cinderella's castle, lol.

If done right there will be no views of SWL from the boats or train. All you should see is rock work and trees.

tumblr_inline_oa7jrwinTk1u8exuo_1280.jpg

Hi @NormC! Thanks, you are totally right. I didn't realize just how high the rocks were above the water. They're like mountains -- the rock work is gorgeous. And, I'm still curious about that mysterious boat design, though. It really does look like the Mike Fink keelboat.

JediMasterMatt

I'll just say this about the Falcon RV system... I had it explained to me and I'm having difficulties understanding exactly how it will all exactly tie together.

Assuming it all works the way it's supposed to, this ride will be really impressive in how it will make exactly what you'd expect out of this ride happen. The magic is going to be in making it appear seamless and simple when it's really quite complex.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom