Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

hpyhnt 1000

There should be pairs of relatively fast dispatching AGVs that'll sometimes travel in pairs or group in fours. But it won't be an Omnimover.

Now that sounds fun. I like the idea of "teams" of vehicles moving through the ride together. Certainly would contribute to the whole "battle" vibe.

Follow ups - does that mean a group of four vehicles would share the same "mission." Would their mission be different from that of a group of 2 vehicles? Are we likely to see something like Indy or RSR where the ride path separates?

RMichael21

Exactly. Here's what Disneyland construction on Star Wars/Rivers of America and new Railroad route looked like this past Saturday morning... (and no work was happening on Saturday, so the timetable is right on schedule apparently)
i-jmHf5Lq-O.png

Eh, I'm no expert, but judging from the status at DHS versus the current status at Disneyland, the 6 to 12 month timeframe seems pretty accurate. I would even think it's closer to six months rather than twelve, and DHS will open less than a year after Disneyland's opens. But at least six months.
Touché... ;):hilarious::p

PorterRedkey

There are two attractions.

The battle attraction will have a queue and preshow(s) building to rival the main show building. And Forbidden Journey. And come to think of it The Living Seas.

Also remember this is marketing concept art. Certain things are exaggerated. And it is Disneyland. Orlando won't have some of the details in the extremities (but will have other items). Plus it'll be flipped horizontally.

Are we going to watch a preshow movie and then go deep down into the base via a hydrolater ahem... space elevator?;)

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Now that sounds fun. I like the idea of "teams" of vehicles moving through the ride together. Certainly would contribute to the whole "battle" vibe.

Follow ups - does that mean a group of four vehicles would share the same "mission." Would their mission be different from that of a group of 2 vehicles? Are we likely to see something like Indy or RSR where the ride path separates?
As I understand it each vehicle will experience a similar, if not identical, story at key points in the ride. Some viewed individually, some as a group. The ride paths and kinetics should certainly feel like a team journey as opposed to riding in isolation. Twice in the attraction there should be individual experiences borne out of engineering nessecity as well as story.

Siren

Yay! I knew a Star Wars announcement was coming soon! Just in time for the Star Wars Celebration thing in London on Friday! Hopefully, Disney will share some more details about this most recent rendering.

SWThemedLand1280.jpg

We don't have a "river" like this. I wonder if Disney is going to put in a man made river or something. We don't have 14 acres of land either, so I'm really curious.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yay! I knew a Star Wars announcement was coming soon! Just in time for the Star Wars Celebration thing in London on Friday! Hopefully, Disney will share some more details about this most recent rendering.

SWThemedLand1280.jpg

We don't have a "river" like this. I wonder if Disney is going to put in a man made river or something. We don't have 14 acres of land either, so I'm really curious.

This is for DL...so that is rivers of america.

Siren

This is for DL...so that is rivers of america.
Hi @Andrew C. Thank you, I know. I was just wondering if Disney is going to put in a man made river at DHS. Look at the rendering -- in the water there is a boat that transports people to Star Wars land. I hope DHS gets something like that.

I hate to be that person *but* I want our Star Wars land to be better than Disneyland's! If not better than at least equal, but certainly not less than. I will be watching and measuring every square inch of development. LOL.

KingOfEpicocity

Hi @Andrew C. Thank you, I know. I was just wondering if Disney is going to put in a man made river at DHS. Look at the rendering -- in the water there is a boat that transports people to Star Wars land. I hope DHS gets something like that.

I hate to be that person *but* I want our Star Wars land to be better than Disneyland's! If not better than at least equal, but certainly not less than. I will be watching and measuring every square inch of development. LOL.

The DHS version will have a giant river as well. They should be starting on it soon. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

SWThemedLand1280.jpg

We DO have 14 acres of land.

upload_2016-5-12_20-22-23-png.141623

Siren

We DO have 14 acres of land.

upload_2016-5-12_20-22-23-png.141623
Hi @danlb_2000! Thanks for the map. There has to be some kind of lake or body of water going somewhere, we can't have 14+ acres of land and no water. Right?

Anyway, right where the yellow line is there is a pond or something. I bet Disney is going to extend the boundary over there for more land.

The DHS version will have a giant river as well. They should be starting on it soon. ;)
Ha ha! Not funny. I seriously want to know.

PorterRedkey

There are two attractions.

The battle attraction will have a queue and preshow(s) building to rival the main show building. And Forbidden Journey. And come to think of it The Living Seas.

Also remember this is marketing concept art. Certain things are exaggerated. And it is Disneyland. Orlando won't have some of the details in the extremities (but will have other items). Plus it'll be flipped horizontally.

So you are talking about the Battle attraction queue? Will the MF queue be like a walkthru of the ship or will it be simpler?

I love elaborate queues as long as the ride deserves them - (see Little Mermaid in WDW for an E-ticket, super-headliner queue for a C/D ticket attraction.) I don't think that will be the case here.

Two E-tickets plus interactive cast members and unique dining and shopping should make this land something special.

Last edited:

Bacon

Hi @Siren it seems that only disneyland will get the boats and not dhs because theres will most likely harder to get to

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hi @danlb_2000! Thanks for the map. There has to be some kind of lake or body of water going somewhere, we can't have 14+ acres of land and no water. Right?

Anyway, right where the yellow line is there is a pond or something. I bet Disney is going to extend the boundary over there for more land.

Ha ha! Not funny. I seriously want to know.

There is 14 acres there now with no water. I really don't know if the land will have any or not. There is no indication that TSL or SWL are going beyond that pond. Water management permits don't show it being removed, and the building just on the other side is also staying for now.

Siren

Hi @Siren it seems that only disneyland will get the boats and not dhs because theres will most likely harder to get to
Hi @SleepEatDisney! Oh wow, the boats totally set the tone before guests even arrive at Star Wars land --those Star Wars boat vessels will be an experience in itself. That's so not fair, the Disneyland fans don't even want Star Wars there. LOL.

There is no way I can hold this against Disney. They will just have to utilize the land at DHS as best they can. I guess.

BrianLo

Eh, I'm no expert, but judging from the status at DHS versus the current status at Disneyland, the 6 to 12 month timeframe seems pretty accurate. I would even think it's closer to six months rather than twelve, and DHS will open less than a year after Disneyland's opens. But at least six months.

Ha ha, I find it amusing when everyone is guessing how far ahead Disneyland's construction is. Keep in mind all the attractions just closed 6 months ago as of today... So it's a little hard for people to claim it is anymore than 6 months ahead of DHS ;)

That doesn't mean DHS won't be slow as molasses by comparison in the future.

Disneyland sure is moving fast though when we realize it's only been half a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom