Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hi @SleepEatDisney! Oh wow, the boats totally set the tone before guests even arrive at Star Wars land --those Star Wars boat vessels will be an experience in itself. That's so not fair, the Disneyland fans don't even want Star Wars there. LOL.

There is no way I can hold this against Disney. They will just have to utilize the land at DHS as best they can. I guess.

I could be wrong, but there is no indication that DL's SWL is getting a boat ride.

Siren

There is 14 acres there now with no water. I really don't know if the land will have any or not. There is no indication that TSL or SWL are going beyond that pond. Water management permits don't show it being removed, and the building just on the other side is also staying for now.
Thank you, Dan. Well, obviously I don't want to lose valuable real estate for a huge body of water!

And, the underground tunnel that connects from Toy Story Land looks very cool. So, there may be plans for some kind of interactive experience in the tunnel or something.

upload_2016-7-10_9-9-43-png.150356

When Frozen Ever After was first announced, I was the only one who predicted that Disney was going to expand into the lot next door to create one huge pavilion and no one believed me.

I think Disney is going to have to use that little piece of land right *before* the blue line, it's perfect.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thank you, Dan. Well, obviously I don't want to lose valuable real estate for a huge body of water!

And, the underground tunnel that connects from Toy Story Land looks very cool. So, there may plans for some kind of interactive experience in the tunnel or something.

upload_2016-7-10_9-9-43-png.150356

When Frozen Ever After was first announced, I was the only one who predicted that Disney was going to expand into lot next door to create one huge pavilion and no one believed me.

I think Disney is going to have to use that little piece of land right *before* the blue line, it's perfect.

No one thought the ride would expand into the area next to Norway and it didn't. Once the M&G was announced it was pretty clear where it was going to go.

If you mean the little piece right by the entrance road, then yes, they may use that, I just was sloppy with my outlining. If the old entrance road get's removed then the new one opens they could extend into the little triangular piece near World Drive which is on the original designated expansion areas for the park.

Last edited:

Siren

I could be wrong, but there is no indication that DL's SWL is getting a boat ride.
SWThemedLand1280.jpg

That's true. But, having a Star Wars boat(s) to transport guests makes perfect sense. It would create an additional entry point and can also help to stagger the hordes of guests racing toward Star Wars land.

In the rendering, you can see the boat and I see some kind of boardwalk that extends across to what appears to be some kind of walkway or tunnel that leads into the land. You can also see the boat dock on the left.

HauntedMansionFLA

Ha ha, I find it amusing when everyone is guessing how far ahead Disneyland's construction is. Keep in mind all the attractions just closed 6 months ago as of today... So it's a little hard for people to claim it is anymore than 6 months ahead of DHS ;)

That doesn't mean DHS won't be slow as molasses by comparison in the future.

Disneyland sure is moving fast though when we realize it's only been half a year.
Moving Rivers of America and the railroad is no small feat. Plus, DLR needs those two things done ASAP

danlb_2000

Premium Member
SWThemedLand1280.jpg

That's true. But, having a Star Wars boat(s) to transport guests makes perfect sense. It would create an additional entry point and can also help to stagger the hordes of guests racing toward Star Wars land.

In the rendering, you can see the boat and I see some kind of boardwalk that extends across to what appears to be some kind of walkway or tunnel that leads into the land. You can also see the boat dock on the left.

The boat looks like the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoe and the "boardwalk" is the new trestle bridge for the train.

o0snuv-b88612868z.120160111071638000g8qe7759.80.jpg

Siren

No one thought the ride would expand into the area next to Norway and it didn't. Once the M&G was announced it was pretty clear where it was going to go.

If you mean the little piece right by the entrance road, then yes, they may use that, I just was slopping with my outlining. If the old entrance road get's removed then the new one opens they could extend into the little triangular piece near World Drive which is on the original designated expansion areas for the park.
Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about. Disney may not need the extra space, but it's always good to have extra land on hand, just in case. I don't want the new land to feel too cramped or anything.

Siren

The boat looks like the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoe and the "boardwalk" is the new trestle bridge for the train.

View attachment 150791
Oh wow, it is a bridge. I'm so glad Disney is keeping the trains, though. I think the trains are charming and they're classics. And, I guess that does look more like a canoe, instead of a galactic war ship. LOL. Alright, no more conspiracy theories. **For now**

I really wish we didn't have to watch Star Wars land in California being built first. I think both Star Wars lands deserve at least one attraction that is truly unique. Harry Potter in California would have been far more successful if they created a whole new or even a partially new experience with the IP.

twebber55

That seems like a missed opportunity on disneys part. :( They could have (my) money for visiting both coasts for multiple days to explore new, different Star Wars lands.

I'm sure that's been discussed to death.
i could be totally wrong about this but i believe research shows very view people go to both coasts. and they probably save money with R and D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom