Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ctrlaltdel

Looking at the concept art, it appears that at least parts of the land will be multi-leveled (on the right hand side of the SWL, next to the Imperial Lander). Can anyone confirm that's actually happening? That would be add a bit of kinetic energy to the market area and would be a very nice touch.

RMichael21

Honestly, its very obvious the size of the rocks and buildings is exaggerated for it to stand out more. Plus, I doubt they would put the massive trees (that are in fact coming to the berm) to block the land in the concept art.

As for DHS, are we still sure that DL is only 6-12 months ahead? It seems like more than that to me, considering DL's has already started vertical construction on some smaller things and is almost ready to start on the show buildings for the two attractions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Honestly, its very obvious the size of the rocks and buildings is exaggerated for it to stand out more. Plus, I doubt they would put the massive trees (that are in fact coming to the berm) to block the land in the concept art.

As for DHS, are we still sure that DL is only 6-12 months ahead? It seems like more than that to me, considering DL's has already started vertical construction on some smaller things and is almost ready to start on the show buildings for the two attractions.

The vertical construction at DL seems to be for the River of America not for the actual land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it just me or it looks like there is space for 3 attractions, not 2? Or even more than that?

I guess the Falcon ride would go to the top left area where the Falcon replica is. But there are plenty of (ride?) buildings left after that. Do we have any idea which one of those is supposed to house the battle attraction?
There are two attractions.

The battle attraction will have a queue and preshow(s) building to rival the main show building. And Forbidden Journey. And come to think of it The Living Seas.

Also remember this is marketing concept art. Certain things are exaggerated. And it is Disneyland. Orlando won't have some of the details in the extremities (but will have other items). Plus it'll be flipped horizontally.

doctornick

Where have you seen this piece of art on DHS walls? This art just came out today.

I'm not. The post from @LieutLaww made it sound like this new artwork was on the DHS construction walls so I was commenting under that assumption. Now, I am gathering that this new art is not found in DHS, which it shouldn't be if it is DL specific artwork.

Sorry for my confusion.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Yeah I would like to think not. I don't find Transformers any more "immersive." Although neither of us are qualified to say what's what.
I agree with you. More sets. I disliked Transformers in the sense of its lack of sets. I was just wondering about 3D. Ratatouille combined sets and screens very well, like Shanghai's pirates. I am hoping bat it'll be like Shanghai in the terms of sets, but 3D like ratatouille.

ctrlaltdel

There are two attractions.

The battle attraction will have a queue and preshow(s) building to rival the main show building. And Forbidden Journey. And come to think of it The Living Seas.

Also remember this is marketing concept art. Certain things are exaggerated. And it is Disneyland. Orlando won't have some of the details in the extremities (but will have other items). Plus it'll be flipped horizontally.
:eek: It's pretty easy to guess what the Millennium Falcon queue/preshow will be (and it will be awesome), but this is probably what I'm most excited for in the whole of SWL, given the hints you've dropped.

TP2000

The vertical construction at DL seems to be for the River of America not for the actual land.

Exactly. Here's what Disneyland construction on Star Wars/Rivers of America and new Railroad route looked like this past Saturday morning... (and no work was happening on Saturday, so the timetable is right on schedule apparently)
i-jmHf5Lq-O.png

Eh, I'm no expert, but judging from the status at DHS versus the current status at Disneyland, the 6 to 12 month timeframe seems pretty accurate. I would even think it's closer to six months rather than twelve, and DHS will open less than a year after Disneyland's opens. But at least six months.

ctrlaltdel

It's funny, when you hear about SWL away from this forum, the excitement seems to be almost exclusively for the MF attraction. Which I get (known quantity and all), but I have a feeling that the Battle attraction gonna sneak up on the general public. The more I hear about the it the more excited I get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom