Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As far as I know yes. The expected increase in attendance come 2020 warrants it. Along with the new connector roads this park still needs access and egress improvements.
Absolutely. The current parking configuration could not handle the additional crowds that the final year for Osborne brought. There is no way it could handle the SWL opening.

G00fyDad

Can you imagine the line of cars down Epcot Resort Blvd and Buena Vista Dr with the current configuration and SWL opening? Not to Mention how far down World Dr it would back up. :jawdrop:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah, that will work. We all know that if is there anything that WDW guests excel at, it is obeying the rules.;)
Yup...

Common sense says there should be a feeder into the garages.

And anyone who wants to queue to exit that way should still be allowed to. Just have the directional signs say otherwise. If it cuts down on say 90% of guest exiting traffic directly onto BVD that's a good thing.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Are they considering doing A "Force" type thing similar to the wands at Uni? Lots of money to be made there.

Micechat had a story stating that there would be some sort of force interaction with the environments but it sounds more like the sword in the stone than it does Universal's wands. In general Star Wars doesn't feature some sort of accessory to "use the force" so I would believe that Micechat has the correct story.

G00fyDad

Micechat had a story stating that there would be some sort of force interaction with the environments but it sounds more like the sword in the stone than it does Universal's wands. In general Star Wars doesn't feature some sort of accessory to "use the force" so I would believe that Micechat has the correct story.

They used phones for the Phineas and Ferb interactive thing.

anchorman314

If it will be like the sword in the stone, it should be "Use The Force to Start This Volkswagen" (sponsored by Volkswagen, of course). ;)

There are some lines of thought that Lightsabers can only be used (or at least used effectively) by those that have The Force within them. So I could see them making smaller lightsabers that interact with the environment and even light up during the Star Wars fireworks/projection show.

G00fyDad

If it will be like the sword in the stone, it should be "Use The Force to Start This Volkswagen" (sponsored by Volkswagen, of course). ;)

There are some lines of thought that Lightsabers can only be used (or at least used effectively) by those that have The Force within them. So I could see them making smaller lightsabers that interact with the environment and even light up during the Star Wars fireworks/projection show.

Yay! Little kids waving long lighted sticks in the air in close proximity during parades and fireworks. LOL

SYRIK2000

Not like Bob to leave a ton of money on the table.

No Name

Good to hear about the queue, because I'm all for good queues. Just build something as good as (or better than) Forbidden Journey's queue and I'll be happy.

Falcon having multiple indentical rides to boost capacity

That sounds like a SIMULATOR :eek:.

Could you please reaffirm that this will not be 100% simulator? Pleeeaaaseee. I beg you. Thanks.

No Name

I'm afraid I can't.

Nooooooooooo!

It's looked far too much a simulator from what they've released, but I really liked hearing you say it might be more like Forbidden Journey (an actual moving vehicle). Because that's what it should be.

It would just be stupid beyond words to have Star Tours and a Millenium Falcon simulator.

Unless they plan to retheme Star Tours (in DL or DHS or both) to some other IP, but even so, with a billion dollars, they should be able to create two rides on the level of (or even greater than) Forbidden Journey. They have over double the budget of Hogwarts. But of course they can't. I've been poking them for this a lot lately, but the way they spend their money really is quite frustrating.

Goofyernmost

Good to hear about the queue, because I'm all for good queues. Just build something as good as (or better than) Forbidden Journey's queue and I'll be happy.

That sounds like a SIMULATOR :eek:.

Could you please reaffirm that this will not be 100% simulator? Pleeeaaaseee. I beg you. Thanks.
Just out of curiosity, how would you expect it to work in any believable fashion is it wasn't a simulator? Something that really flies?

No Name

Just out of curiosity, how would you expect it to work in any believable fashion is it wasn't a simulator? Something that really flies?

Haha no no, I mean I want something that actually moves along a track. Sorry.

By 100% simulator, I mean something like Star Tours, where you're sitting in front of a screen and the vehicle has no real foward or backwards movement.

Obviously this Falcon ride will have screens, but I am hoping you do not simply sit inside of a stationary Falcon that rocks back and forth to simulate movement. I'm hoping that it's more like Forbidden Journey, where you leave one screen portion, pass some physical stuff, and then the next screen portion begins. At the very least, I'm hoping there is actual forward movement. I'm hoping the ride starts somewhere, goes somewhere else, and then comes back around to that first place. Actual movement.

Another 100% simulator ride, I feel, would be redundant and lame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom