Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

Star Tours will be redundant when the Falcon ride opens. JMO. I love it too but it's probably not being saved. It's been good for it's purpose and time ...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I envisage "tunnels" into the land from both ends to hide the theming from outside and to give a big theatrical reveal. Plenty of stores and expanded individual make your own sabre / droid stores in "village" style courtyard areas. At least two eateries, themed to familiar locations. One quick and one table service. And the two main attractions. Falcon having multiple indentical rides to boost capacity, and the main one having the mother of all queue areas, both inside and out.

I also imagine given the differences in location between Anaheim and Orlando, any expansion will be to the north as opposed the east.

doctornick

I had a dream last night.

So I took the publically released art and fiddled around with it.

View attachment 146168

For no particular reason...

Martin -- thank you so much for the information you share. A quick question from this rendering -- is there going to be an entrance to the land from the "backside" of the Muppets? That is, the area where the Premiere Theater used to be. Would think that would be helpful for guest flow (both for Star Wars and the Muppets) but it doesn't seem that way from your image.

doctornick

I also imagine given the differences in location between Anaheim and Orlando, any expansion will be to the north as opposed the east.

Hmmm, so by the "north", that would seem to me that any expansion would be next to Toy Story Land (between that and World Dr). Not what I would expect, but interesting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin -- thank you so much for the information you share. A quick question from this rendering -- is there going to be an entrance to the land from the "backside" of the Muppets? That is, the area where the Premiere Theater used to be. Would think that would be helpful for guest flow (both for Star Wars and the Muppets) but it doesn't seem that way from your image.
You're welcome. I do what I can when I can.

As far as I'm aware there won't be a "backside" entrance and the current Muppet area with be within a self contained courtyard with a wall between MV3D exit and Mama Melrose.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmmm, so by the "north", that would seem to me that any expansion would be next to Toy Story Land (between that and World Dr). Not what I would expect, but interesting.
Expansion is envisaged mainly between what will open in 2019 and the south end of the GMR show building. SWL as being built won't extend all the way north to the GMR building. Probably.

Atomicmickey

I had a dream last night.

So I took the publically released art and fiddled around with it.

View attachment 146168

For no particular reason...

Given that, then . . . this?
lKEenAu.jpg

Atomicmickey

No, Toy Story would rotate more towards bottom left so it is behind the TSMM building.

I thought that's what I did . . . or that's what I meant it to be, anyway. The blue and red boxes are the entrance to TSMM,
I thought, so I curled the art around the back of the building to represent that. I suppose I could push the path
further left. But the perspectives are all whacked anyway . . .

I did line up the SW column in the upper left of the TS render to match, then warped it.

Haymarket2008

That leaves a sizable plot of land in between Star Wars and Toy Story. Around where Catastrophe Canyon is. Will that be large backstage area or is it room for another attraction (Star Wars expansion or otherwise)?

doctornick

Expansion is envisaged mainly between what will open in 2019 and the south end of the GMR show building. SWL as being built won't extend all the way north to the GMR building. Probably.

Interesting. So, basically the plot for the HISTK playground and Studio Catering Co would be where said expansion pad is.

Also, I like that you slipped that "2019" in there -- sounds like you are a little more optimistic about the timeframe for Star Wars opening than others who have suggested 2020 or later.

doctornick

That leaves a sizable plot of land in between Star Wars and Toy Story. Around where Catastrophe Canyon is. Will that be large backstage area or is it room for another attraction (Star Wars expansion or otherwise)?

In between TSL and Star Wars? I don't see it, as they will be basically right next to each other. I do agree that it potentially leaves a sizeable plot of land around Catastrophe Canyon (as well as the triangular undeveloped land outside the current park limit but inside the current toll gate road) which could be used for the mysterious Phase 3 if it is coming. That land would be on the far side of Star Wars from TSL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom