Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

I just see the Hogwarts Express as a highly themed and highly convenient way for people to park hop without having to walk completely out of the parks (for as long as I live I'm never doing that again!!!). The only way the requirement of a two park ticket or AP would've been avoided was if they built London right next to Hogsmeade replacing the Lost Continent but for me that would've ruined it. The distance between the two areas adds a lot to the theming since that's how it's supposed to be. This in no way compares to my recent experience of paying more money for less food at breakfast at Pop Century.

Let's just end it here because this thread is supposed to be about Star Wars.

twebber55

I just see the Hogwarts Express as a highly themed and highly convenient way for people to park hop without having to walk completely out of the parks (for as long as I live I'm never doing that again!!!). The only way the requirement of a two park ticket or AP would've been avoided was if they built London right next to Hogsmeade replacing the Lost Continent but for me that would've ruined it. The distance between the two areas adds a lot to the theming since that's how it's supposed to be. This in no way compares to my recent experience of paying more money for less food at breakfast at Pop Century.

pretty sure 85% of the people going to universal were buying park hoppers anyway
i thought it was brilliant

Last edited:

Slowjack

That's true. But I think it's amazing how they can close rides and increase prices, and still be on top.
One of the saddest things to me was that the Pre-Potter Islands of Adventure was outdrawn by the pathetic DCA 1.0. I mean, if if Disney could beat a go-for-broke park like IoA with a value-engineered collection of rides from a catalog and tortilla making, it's not too surprising that they have often had the attitude that nothing can possibly go wrong.

Next Big Thing

I'd rather walk between parks than wait what is normally 45-60 mins for a few minute ride park to park.

BrianLo

Wasting space is certainly not the right phrase to use. The show buildings are simply huge.

People wanted a Star Wars land with 'the biggest and best attraction' to rival recent Universal and International Disney parks fare. They are giving you two. That takes up space, a lot of it.

Plus, would we have considered the ROA a waste a space since it takes up so much room? Maybe don't answer that...

Siren

Don't forget, Disneyland is under legal obligation with the City of Anaheim to embark on at least One Billion Dollars worth of park expansion by the end of next calendar year in order to prevent the city from taxing Disneyland tickets for 30 years. If Disneyland spends an additional 500 Million Dollars on park expansion over the initial One Billion, the tax extension becomes valid for 45 years. That's the year 2061 for those keeping score at home. That's why a clone of Tokyo DisneySea's Arendelle and a Frozen E Ticket dark ride is being built next to the Millenium Falcon ride.

That's a brilliant incentive to expand Disneyland quickly and in a huge One And A Half Billion Dollar way. No such incentive exists at the WDW parks or property, nor could it exist with the Reedy Creek arrangement with local and state governments. Funny how that works.

And in today's local newspaper the Disneyland spokeswoman went on record as stating Disneyland will now be spending over Two Billion Dollars on park expansion, not including the new 700 room luxury hotel Disneyland just announced it will build on an existing parking lot.

There are legal and tax obligations in Anaheim that require Star Wars Land to get off the ground and open as quickly as possible. And those legal obligations simply don't exist in WDW. Plus, DHS is also getting Toy Story Land and that appears to be the first priority instead of Star Wars Land.
OMG, this hotel looks so amazing! If Disney has to spend $250,000 for each room to receive a Four Diamond rating -- then these rooms will be large and nicely appointed like the Four Seasons Orlando or hopefully better. I am totally staying here in 2021. Plus, Disneyland's Star Wars land will be open by then, as well.

Huh. Brings up an interesting point. Essentially the same land in DL and DHS for Star Wars. At DHS, you almost certainly will see alcoholic beverages served at the dining establishments. What will DL do? Would they serve alcohol just in Star Wars, like how MK has done so in BoG? Would they have have virgin versions of the same drinks that are likely to appear in Florida?

I've got to think that the menus between the locations will be very similar if not identical otherwise.
Oh wow, good question. I didn't know Disneyland was still a dry park. That's great!

I think they will serve themed virgin drinks at the Star Wars Cantina in Disneyland then. I know management doesn't care much about Walt's original vision for MK and Disney World but at Disneyland it's totally different.

jensenrick

I have no problem with what Uni did here to be honest...but lets all be honest and say that if Disney did something like this there would be a lot more shouts about a money grab around here. And I guess this is understandable given the recent influx of upcharge packages, but is no less hypocritical.

Come on - you think if Disney created a beautiful, entertaining and immersive transportation option (or any nice transportation beside busses) between say . . . Epcot and DAK, that people would complain about it? Because they would have to use a park hopper to actually . . . hop between parks?

I've seen some crazy negativity on these boards, but that would be beyond the pale.

jensenrick

Depends on who you are. I don't want to ride Harry Potter (the coaster), but, I would like to ride the train. Problem is, unless, I graciously spend money to visit both ends I cannot do so. I can go to the original or I can go to Diagon, but, I cannot ride the train without multi park tickets. So it costs just to ride that one specific ride. I don't see that as anything other then a money grab. It may well be the most popular option, but, it is now a forced option if you want to take one specific ride.

So if Disney created a nice train between two of their parks, you don't think a park hopper should be required to go from one park to another?

Goofyernmost

So if Disney created a nice train between two of their parks, you don't think a park hopper should be required to go from one park to another?
Of course they would do that, however, the fact is, they haven't, yet! And no, I don't believe that Disney or anyone else should create an attraction that requires an additional cost just to ride it, when you can enter the same theme from either Park. My point is that if Disney would have done this there would be a huge thread about how greedy Disney is, but, if Universal does it... Oh, that's fine, nothing wrong with it at all. Disney has a train that runs between two parks already, but, I don't have to have a park hop to ride it unless I get off and attempt to enter the "other" park. Yes, I realize that the train actually loads and unloads inside two different parks, but, that doesn't stop it from being a trick to make sure that most all their sales are multi-park.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is good though. Very good.

And very clever.

Meanwhile WDW is pricing me out of eating nicely and pricing me out of the admission choice we've used for years. Whilst offering less.
We stopped going to the buffet's years ago. I actually think the last one we did was for your better half's birthday.

We simply do not eat enough to make the buffets even a remote value so we started skipping them and going to the regular TS places. The food quality is much better, we often spent a good bit less and left just as full.

orky8

I just returned from DL. They should add hyperspace mountain as the third (fourth with star tours?) attraction. Should be relatively cheap to do, and was really a great attraction.

Daveeeeed

Of course they would do that, however, the fact is, they haven't, yet! And no, I don't believe that Disney or anyone else should create an attraction that requires an additional cost just to ride it, when you can enter the same theme from either Park. My point is that if Disney would have done this there would be a huge thread about how greedy Disney is, but, if Universal does it... Oh, that's fine, nothing wrong with it at all. Disney has a train that runs between two parks already, but, I don't have to have a park hop to ride it unless I get off and attempt to enter the "other" park. Yes, I realize that the train actually loads and unloads inside to different parks, but, that doesn't stop it from being a trick to make sure that most all their sales are multi-park.
Technically you can't go to Disney's California Adventure, and take the monorail to Disneyland Park from Downtown Disney without a park hopper, so in a way Disney has actually done this as the monorail goes inside the park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is Star Wars land expected to connect to Toy Story Land:)

Yes.

image-jpeg.145297

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom