Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Daveeeeed

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just in case you were wondering it is about 25 meters less if you don't start outside for Indy. Also Star Tours' Queue/Exit would probably have to be elevated above Mama Melroses, or MM destroyed completely. Would HVAC, and the structure make this nearly impossible to out on top of the current building?
Also is the car entrance changing positions? Then it would have virtually no problem except for the distance.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We stopped going to the buffet's years ago. I actually think the last one we did was for your better half's birthday.

We simply do not eat enough to make the buffets even a remote value so we started skipping them and going to the regular TS places. The food quality is much better, we often spent a good bit less and left just as full.

And your way you actually get TABLE SERVICE vs just the TABLE and self serve. It has been 4 years I believe since we did a buffet. At Chef Mickey's for dinner one year our family got up together for round two came back, they had bussed the table and a new family was seated in our place. We stood there a good ten minutes with plates in hand until another table for 6 was available. We left our plates at the hostess stand and started over but after the long wait for table #2 our stomachs had hit the tilt meter. Those are the type of errors Disney should at least make a comp of some type when they mess up that badly for an expensive meal.

Goofyernmost

A one day park hopper is more expensive then Disney's, but a two day is cheaper. In a way that is a money grab too, but how else would you be able to due back of park transportation to the other one? You would have to take the train back so it wouldn't make sense. I think it was a good idea on Universal's part, and remember they can kill birds with one stone. They make a realistic experience going from Lond to/from Hogwarts., and they try to get people to at least buy the hopper (which you should do) and go for at least two days (which you should do) as it is significantly a better deal, and you can do pretty much everything you want without pressure. I went On New Years Day and a couple of days later this year and for two days enjoyed it better than our 6 days at wdw in January. So I don't think it is a money grab anymore than it is for the fans, they just found it as a great opportunity to push both parks.
Well they didn't have to design it that way, did they? Even if it stuck oddly into Universal Studio and a large peninsula was created to make the whole thing part of one land, one fee, one expense requirement. Look, it's not a big deal, but, it just struck me as sort of a Wow moment when I first heard about it. My thought was... what a great way to get people to buy two park tickets, especially since their main draw was the Potter stuff, but, it was a good idea in the show sense, it's just that no one sees the rip-off in it that I do.

Daveeeeed

Well they didn't have to design it that way, did they? Even if it stuck oddly into Universal Studio and a large peninsula was created to make the whole thing part of one land, one fee, one expense requirement. Look, it's not a big deal, but, it just struck me as sort of a Wow moment when I first heard about it. My thought was... what a great way to get people to buy two park tickets, especially since their main draw was the Potter stuff, but, it was a good idea in the show sense, it's just that no one sees the rip-off in it that I do.
True, but it acts as a form of transportation from park to park to benefit those who buy the hoppers. I'm actually glad they did it. On New Year's Day one of the busiest days of the year we finished nearly everything in the entire park, and did the Hogwarts express plus forbidden journey. It would've been awful just going for one day. And for those that can't afford or don't have time for a two day or a park hopper perhaps then just don't do Hogwarts express or don't go at all. Great transportation more than anything all the while being entertained, and walking isn't a problem for me I can easily walk miles a day without getting tired, but it is just so convenient and for what you get too.

Daveeeeed

It just feels weird....
It's no different than walking from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. One is themed to themed lands based on movies, the other is more of a genre and time period. Plus Toy Story if emotion could bring up a rating it would be pg13 imho. Only two Star Wars movies are pg13, but an 8 year old could watch tfa and be fine. Just depends on the child.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

It doesn't look gradual in the concept art. But what do I know about the future? It may just work.
True, but I was just in Walt Diseny Studios Paris 3 weeks ago, and they managed to move you from Toy Story Playland mini-land to The Ratatouille mini-land near flawlessly. All by making you enter a tiny building in ratatouille, and out a barrel in Toy Story Playland.

Last edited:

Pam Hates Penguins

True, but I was just in Walt Diseny Studios Paris 3 weeks ago, and they managed to move you from Toy Dyory Playland mini-land to The Taratouille mini-land near flawlessly. All by making you enter a tiny building in ratatouille, and out a barrel in Toy Story Playland.

Good gradual effect. But if the concept art is exactly correct, It would be really weird seeing this in Andy's backyard. :D
screenshot.14.jpg

KikoKea

The Falcon ride- is there much out about this one? When I heard the description, I immediately thought of a Buzz Lightyear type of ride. You control your craft, spin right or left, and shoot at things, but the interior would be less cartoonish/arcade look, and would have more projections to simulate battles or the scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom