Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Daveeeeed

Yes.

image-jpeg.145297
Thanks, I've always thought it would make more sense than in echo lake. That could be used as a future expansion pad easier. Though will star Tours have a new queue and exit that wraps around Muppets? Also is there a possibility that they may add a c ticket to muppets, so younger kids have more to do?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks, I've always thought it would make more sense than in echo lake. That could be used as a future expansion pad easier. Though will star Tours have a new queue and exit that wraps around Muppets? Also is there a possibility that they may add a c ticket to muppets, so younger kids have more to do?

There would be challenges with wrapping Star Wars Land around either side of Muppets. Personally I do not believe they will connect Star Tours to SWL, and that it will eventually get re-themed.

Daveeeeed

There would be challenges with wrapping Star Wars Land around either side of Muppets. Personally I do not believe they will connect Star Tours to SWL, and that it will eventually get re-themed.
It's such a great ride though... They could pull an Indiana Jones Adventure and make an ultra long queue line, that would also get rid of the need to have an outside queue when it is busy.

Goofyernmost

Technically you can't go to Disney's California Adventure, and take the monorail to Disneyland Park from Downtown Disney without a park hopper, so in a way Disney has actually done this as the monorail goes inside the park.
I'm sure that is true, but, you are not talking about direct link themes. (all part of Potterville) You're talking about two different parks with completely different setups. The same thing applies to taking a monorail from MK, transferring and going to Epcot. If you are going to enter the park you have to have park hoppers. But, you don't have to have one to ride the monorail, you have an escape route before the gate. I can see that it is a clever way to use space and profit from it at the same time. I just don't think it is anything other then a complete money grab on the part of Universal. Nothing unusual about theme park procedures, but, still. And in case people haven't really noticed, Uni's daily rate is quite close to Disney's daily rate with two less parks then WDW even if you add in park hoppers.

orky8

They should build another Space Mountain?

How about just fix ours? It has a superior track layout anyway. It used to be the best Space Mountain.

That would be nice too - but that's a different issue. I'm just saying, hyperspace mountain exceeded my expectations, is a very easy ride to build on the (fairly) cheap, and DHS could certainly use more rides.

Daveeeeed

I'm sure that is true, but, you are not talking about direct link themes. (all part of Potterville) You're talking about two different parks with completely different setups. The same thing applies to taking a monorail from MK, transferring and going to Epcot. If you are going to enter the park you have to have park hoppers. But, you don't have to have one to ride the monorail, you have an escape route before the gate. I can see that it is a clever way to use space and profit from it at the same time. I just don't think it is anything other then a complete money grab on the part of Universal. Nothing unusual about theme park procedures, but, still. And in case people haven't really noticed, Uni's daily rate is quite close to Disney's daily rate with two less parks then WDW even if you add in park hoppers.
A one day park hopper is more expensive then Disney's, but a two day is cheaper. In a way that is a money grab too, but how else would you be able to due back of park transportation to the other one? You would have to take the train back so it wouldn't make sense. I think it was a good idea on Universal's part, and remember they can kill birds with one stone. They make a realistic experience going from Lond to/from Hogwarts., and they try to get people to at least buy the hopper (which you should do) and go for at least two days (which you should do) as it is significantly a better deal, and you can do pretty much everything you want without pressure. I went On New Years Day and a couple of days later this year and for two days enjoyed it better than our 6 days at wdw in January. So I don't think it is a money grab anymore than it is for the fans, they just found it as a great opportunity to push both parks.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

That's actually not a horrible idea, but it would be a really long queue.
Soarin', Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Space Mountain: Mission 2, Kilimanjaro Safaris are long queues obviously some being a lot more than the others, but it seems like the star tours possibility could be about the same distance as Indiana jones I'll do a measurement and post a picture to compare.
I think the bigger problem would be accessing Mama Melroses from a backstage standpoint, so a partly underground or an elevated queue might be necessary as HWS doesn't have Utilidoors, that is if they keep it which they probably will now that Star Wars Land is not going in Echo Lake.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

That would be nice too - but that's a different issue. I'm just saying, hyperspace mountain exceeded my expectations, is a very easy ride to build on the (fairly) cheap, and DHS could certainly use more rides.
Hyperspace Mountain in some form of a dome would be very expensive compared to a cheap ride to start from scratch.

RSoxNo1

Soarin', Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Space Mountain: Mission 2, Kilimanjaro Safaris are long queues obviously some being a lot more than the others, but it seems like the star tours possibility could be about the same distance as Indiana jones I'll do a measurement and post a picture to compare.
I think the bigger problem would be accessing Mama Melroses from a backstage standpoint, so a partly underground or an elevated queue might be necessary as HWS doesn't have Utilidoors, that is if they keep it which they probably will now that Star Wars Land is not going in Echo Lake.
You could make part of the queue elevated or close Mama Melrose's that's an easy problem to fix.

Daveeeeed

You could make part of the queue elevated or close Mama Melrose's that's an easy problem to fix.
Still, it does cost money. I don't know how the sight lines would be too. They might have to extend the facades in Muppets Courtyard, or theme the queue. The road would also be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom