Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

brb1006

Meanwhile at Disneyland
star-wars-land-jpg.144844

JohnWD

Did you guys take your grumpy pills?

Um. That space was all being used before. The park is not expanding.
Have you been to DL? This was a backstage, picnic area, event area, and petting zoo. Totally under utilized. I think we locals do think of it as an addition.

It brings it home looking at the size of that scar that there will be just two more attractions there.

Compared to anywhere else in the park.
Scar? Scars are the non-flattering end result of healing, so totally not an appropriate term. It's more like the beginnings of a birth. Two attractions? That would be slim if the area would be just like the rest of the park - such as Haunted Mansion next to splash mountain, which are two warehouse like structures with theming in front, and long queues in the walkway. SWL will be dramatically different, with the whole land being an attraction - the structures, the eating areas, the walkways, and the characters will be attractions in themselves.

This whole process of building SWL will be so fun since so much can be seen from the garage! I am totally blessed by this!!

jmuboy

It brings it home looking at the size of that scar that there will be just two more attractions there.

Compared to anywhere else in the park.

I'm no Disney apologist, but to be fair some of that dirt area at DL will belong to:
-Rerouted north end of ROA (50 percent of the river)
-rerouted train path
- mountain ridge themed berm on backside of the river to separate ROA from SWL.
- new Marina / Fantasmic storage area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Two attractions? That would be slim if the area would be just like the rest of the park - such as Haunted Mansion next to splash mountain!!
Err... that's exactly what you're getting. Complete with your theming in front.

It can look as pretty as possible - and by God it should - but that's eye candy. You don't visit to ride the rock work. There are still two attractions. Was going to be three but that's another story. And for the inflated cost there should be.

"The whole land is an attraction" is right out of the marketing department.

Mike S

It can look as pretty as possible - and by God it should - but that's eye candy. You don't visit to ride the rock work. There are still two attractions. Was going to be three but that's another story. And for the inflated cost there should be.

Please tell me this hasn't reached Avatar levels...

doctornick

There's two rides, but are there additional attractions besides that? Shows? M&G? They've only ever mentioned the two rides plus the food, so it's not clear to me whether anything else smaller is planned beyond them.

KingOfEpicocity

There's two rides, but are there additional attractions besides that? Shows? M&G? They've only ever mentioned the two rides plus the food, so it's not clear to me whether anything else smaller is planned beyond them.

Well we can pretty much garentee that there will be themed shops as well. Hopefully not just selling light sabers and Kylo Ren lunch boxes.

Atomicmickey

I would have agreed with you until I saw Cars Land and HP at Universal. In both cases, 'just hanging out'
became an attraction, and my family did a lot of just that, at both.
We actually at one point got some food at an outside restaurant and walked it over to CarsLand to eat,
because we enjoyed being there, that much.
And, one could argue, just hanging out is less stressful and more enjoyable than being in a queue
for an attraction.

This does not excuse cutting attractions, and fundamentally I am in agreement, but in the case of SWL and Avatar,
I am really looking forward to a lot of time just being there. Perhaps not an attraction, but an attractant?

Next Big Thing

I would have agreed with you until I saw Cars Land and HP at Universal. In both cases, 'just hanging out'
became an attraction, and my family did a lot of just that, at both.
We actually at one point got some food at an outside restaurant and walked it over to CarsLand to eat,
because we enjoyed being there, that much.
And, one could argue, just hanging out is less stressful and more enjoyable than being in a queue
for an attraction.

This does not excuse cutting attractions, and fundamentally I am in agreement, but in the case of SWL and Avatar,
I am really looking forward to a lot of time just being there. Perhaps not an attraction, but an attractant?
"Just hanging out" and enjoying the areas is nothing new to theme parks.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What a GIANT waste of space. With the amount of attractions packed into the rest of the park, 2 attractions is a gigantic waste. They could fill that area 10+ rides if it weren't being turned into Diagon 2.0 (shopping mall with some rides).

well, part of it is still going to be rivers of america like it was before...it will be interesting to see how much is actually for SWL

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There's two rides, but are there additional attractions besides that?.
Lord. Rides ARE attractions.

There's a recent trend to call something diversionary that makes you stop and look an attraction.

Is the Innoventions fountain an attraction?

Meet n greets are a cert. And I'd hope for some sort of elaborate show. Not just a pop up lightsaber "battle" with glo sticks.

Like I've said elsewhere I'm excited for the two rides if nothing more gets cut. But for the price - and the IP - there should be 5 Es. Maybe they'll transplant Star Tours...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom