Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

tribbleorlfl

Correct. I must have fat fingered the one key.
It's all good. We had such a good time at V and VI, so I'm so excited for this news. I'm thinking I will finally join the 501st and troop just for this. Also, now that I got my ESB poster back signed from James Earl Jones for this one, probably will go broke getting it signed.

A lot of people are complaining this is Easter Weekend which should make traveling and hotels interesting for a lot of people w/ normal spring break crowds in town at the same time.

Hopefully there's Epcot's VIII and SW lando news.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's all good. We had such a good time at V and VI, so I'm so excited for this news. I'm thinking I will finally join the 501st and troop just for this. Also, now that I got my ESB poster back signed from James Earl Jones for this one, probably will go broke getting it signed.

A lot of people are complaining this is Easter Weekend which should make traveling and hotels interesting for a lot of people w/ normal spring break crowds in town at the same time.

Hopefully there's Epcot's VIII and SW lando news.
It looks like the wife and I along with daughter number 3 will be in attendance as well. This will be my first con of any type since the early 90's.

tribbleorlfl

It looks like the wife and I along with daughter number 3 will be in attendance as well. This will be my first con of any type since the early 90's.
Awesome. My wife was pregnant with our daughter at the last one, so obviously didn't enjoy it as much as I did. My daughter is shaping up to be a big nerd like me, so she's going to be thrilled.

No Name

I don't have a problem with Disney taking a long time to build things. That is, as long as there is a steady stream of new offerings, and as long as the parks are worth the price and day spent. Unfortunately those are not the case, particularly with DHS.

The resort, as in all four parks, didn't get a single new ride, nevermind an addition, from 2008 to 2013. But even more appalling, the three weakest parks, the ones that need the most help, have not recieved any additions (or really any new rides) since 2008. I generally hate rides as a measure of progress and additions, because the parks are so much more, but it does prove a point.

And this would maybe be excusable, if the parks were actually full-day, quality experiences. I keep hoping that the additions will actually improve DHS. Hopefully, when WDW's 50th rolls around, we can say that DHS is better than it was 10 years ago. They actually improved DCA. They seem to actually be improving Animal Kingdom. Epcot, well, they are making changes, but I hope there is more to come. Epcot has so much potential, but it isn't as in need of attention as AK and DHS. At least in my opinion.

And MK, I don't think they should've gotten rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures. It certainly would've made for a great Frozen redo, rather than Maelstrom (though that would've spelt doom for DL's version). But the rest of the additions and changes are nice, and it's a full day park (and always has been). So I'd be fine if MK went a while without a new ride while Disney focuses on the other three parks. I'd be beyond fine with that.

I understand why everyone wants Disney to pick up the pace on construction. But if they were opening new rides and entertainment every few years, I bet we wouldn't mind whether they took 2 years or 10 years for each individual addition. The issue is pacing. To a park that needs help, no substantial improvement has come since 2008, and that's the problem.

Oh, and May the 4th be with you!

doctornick

I don't have a problem with Disney taking a long time to build things. That is, as long as there is a steady stream of new offerings

This is IMHO a key thing. The length of time to build things isn't really a big deal as long as stuff is constantly opening. WDW has had an appalling lack of new attractions in the past decade, so when things are finally being built they are scrutinized much more closely. Even though I think they should be doing even more, the next few years will probably not seem nearly as bad since we'll get a relatively steady bit of new attractions (RoL, Soarin', FAE this year; Pandora 2017, TSL 2018, hopefully Star Wars 2019) that are already under way

Hopefully we'll get some other stuff approved for the 2020+ timeframe soon so there will continue to be new things.

Wikkler

Disney's perfectly content making that comparison themselves ;)
750x422
6364383289_fc6261823b_b.jpg

dinoland-usa2.jpg

;)

AEfx

So, it's a race? Good to know that is how we keep score. As much as I would like things faster, I will gage the speed thing when Uni has their 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, golf courses and resorts, and when City Walk is the same size as Disney Springs. Then we can talk Apple's and poisoned apples.

That's just silly deflection, and you know it.

It should not take 5 years to build anything at a theme park. Yet this is BAU for WDW. It's pathetic.

WildcatDen

That's just silly deflection, and you know it.

It should not take 5 years to build anything at a theme park. Yet this is BAU for WDW. It's pathetic.
From ground breaking to open, what attraction has taken 5 years? I too wish they would move faster but the simple truth is they do not need to. KI builds rides in their 5 month down time and I would put Banshee over nearly every recent attraction ride enjoyment wise at both USF and WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom