Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Stitch1804

No, behind Kali River Rapids.
aerial-animal-kingdom.jpg

Yes, there is a lot of space back there, but how to access it? You have Kali River Rapids, and the Maharajah Jungle Trek right beside it. And IF you wanted to pass between those two, you would have to move the maintenance facilities of Kali River Rapids.

It could work, but by Expedition Everest would be much simpler.

clemmo

This is what you do with Dinoland.
Blog+-+WDW+AK+2025+birds+Mammoth.PNG
That would be great for the dak and really complete it as 4 immersive lands as it stands Africa and Asia are the best themed lands in all 4 parks imho. If they could do a proper revamp of dinoland it would be great and really blend with the park. Now it just looks like my local carnival decided to to build a land at the dak. Then again isn't that what they were going for with Chester and Hester;)

doctornick

Sure Zootopia has animals but they're pretty much living in the modern world which would be a big departure from the rest of Animal Kingdom.

I actually tend to agree with that, but I'm not hardcore about it. Zootopia to me seems like a better fit for DHS, actually. I'd tend to put animals acting like animals stuff (e.g. Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Lady & the Tramp, Jungle Book, critters from Pocahontas and Tarzan, etc.) in DAK and put the anthropomorphic animals elsewhere.

That said...
Jungle Book is a much better fit. And they have already announced a sequel.

Why not both? DAK is heading a great direction, but could still use a few more rides to really fill things out once Pandora is done.

HauntedMansionFLA

Good question. Anyone know if there is still a budget for a phase 3? My worry is that it's gone and this is it.
Who knows? But if SWL is successful (which we know it will be) it could be used to an additional mini land. This land will be printing money like crazy which will please the executives. DLR shows an expansion area toward the back of the land. Armchair here. Like I said, who knows.

HauntedMansionFLA

I actually tend to agree with that, but I'm not hardcore about it. Zootopia to me seems like a better fit for DHS, actually. I'd tend to put animals acting like animals stuff (e.g. Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Lady & the Tramp, Jungle Book, critters from Pocahontas and Tarzan, etc.) in DAK and put the anthropomorphic animals elsewhere.

That said...

Why not both? DAK is heading a great direction, but could still use a few more rides to really fill things out once Pandora is done.
Love the classic movies and wish they could bring them to the parks somehow. It will be interesting to see Tim Burton's live action Dumbo.

doctornick

Well we know phase 3 was originally budgeted for but we don't know if they cut it or not. I would hope there are still at least updates or changes to shows like beauty and the beast, Indiana jones, little mermaid, and more.

I think the rumors are now that the DAK overruns for Pandora is eating into the approved DHS budget (sigh) and Phase 3 is looking more like a few attractions here and there and not another full "land". The idea of an Indiana Jones addition seems to be picking up steam.

That said, I do hope they build some sort of sedate family dark ride (or rides) in DHS as part of this expansion. The park really needs that sort of experience to balance things out and plenty of Pixar properties would be conducive for it.

HauntedMansionFLA

Well we know phase 3 was originally budgeted for but we don't know if they cut it or not. I would hope there are still at least updates or changes to shows like beauty and the beast, Indiana jones, little mermaid, and more.
If they replace BatB, it would be nice to see a Mary Poppins show. That is something Grandparents, parents, tennis and children that could connect to as a family. Loves the music and story. Several of the songs could be in your head the rest of the day like "It's a Small World"

clemmo

I think the rumors are now that the DAK overruns for Pandora is eating into the approved DHS budget (sigh) and Phase 3 is looking more like a few attractions here and there and not another full "land". The idea of an Indiana Jones addition seems to be picking up steam.

That said, I do hope they build some sort of sedate family dark ride (or rides) in DHS as part of this expansion. The park really needs that sort of experience to balance things out and plenty of Pixar properties would be conducive for it.
I haven't heard that about pandora at the DAK but it seems like a good bet. I'd really like to see more pixar content than just tsl. In my opinion monsters is one of the better and least used pixar properties in wdw especially. Ideally animation courtyard and the area by star tours and indy are expansion pads but from the sounds of it it's just more patchwork of scattered new attractions replacing old ones in phase 3.

DisneyNeighbor

What about the entrance to the Muppets being flipped and accessing from the back. This leaves Star Tours at the entrance of the land. The entire area in red could be future expansion if Indy is taken out for access. That's if it does not become a parking lot.

Studio.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom