Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

We all know what happens to phase 2 of Disney projects:rolleyes: If the rumors are true and SW goes next to Toy Story I wouldn't hold my breath for a phase 3. This way is way cheaper than expanding backstage much or into the parking lot. I think that will be it for DHS for a long time. It's an unfortunate turn of events considering the additions will not even offset the losses. A park in desperate need of more rides and attractions will now have less.

Recently Gone:
  1. Backlot tour
  2. LMA
  3. Streets of America (and Osbourne lights)
  4. Indy Stunt Show (assuming it gets scrapped)
  5. HISTK play area
  6. Magic of animation
  7. American Idol Experience
Additions:
  1. Slinky dog coaster
  2. Spinner ride
  3. Millennium Falcon
  4. Star Wars E ticket
This doesn't include possibly losing Star Tours once the rest of the land opens. It's just a shame they couldn't commit to doing this right and build out the park the right way. A project which looked so promising is now looking like the typical lackluster offerings from recent history and don't even get me started on stupid ideas like Guardians of the Tower of Terror. Star Wars Land will be popular and draw plenty of people in for years to come. I guess that's all they really care about.

Please stop with the ST is leaving meme. That won't happen.

SirLink

We all know what happens to phase 2 of Disney projects:rolleyes: If the rumors are true and SW goes next to Toy Story I wouldn't hold my breath for a phase 3. This way is way cheaper than expanding backstage much or into the parking lot. I think that will be it for DHS for a long time. It's an unfortunate turn of events considering the additions will not even offset the losses. A park in desperate need of more rides and attractions will now have less.

Recently Gone:
  1. Backlot tour
  2. LMA
  5. HISTK play area
  6. Magic of animation
Additions:
  1. Slinky dog coaster
  2. Spinner ride
  3. Millennium Falcon
  4. Star Wars E ticket
This doesn't include possibly losing Star Tours once the rest of the land opens. It's just a shame they couldn't commit to doing this right and build out the park the right way. A project which looked so promising is now looking like the typical lackluster offerings from recent history and don't even get me started on stupid ideas like Guardians of the Tower of Terror. Star Wars Land will be popular and draw plenty of people in for years to come. I guess that's all they really care about.

Firstly HISTK wasn't an attraction just a distraction. But Disney animation and Idol were replaced with other things in those venues.

I do want to know this spinner ride that will be added to TSL will be as currently it is a whip ride like Maters out in DCA....

jt04

Recently Gone:
  1. Backlot tour
  2. LMA
  5. HISTK play area
  6. Magic of animation
Additions:
  1. Slinky dog coaster
  2. Spinner ride
  3. Millennium Falcon
  4. Star Wars E ticket

Please just stop.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I mean, it's nice to get all these upgrades to Animal Kingdom, but:
  1. DHS needed an expansion more.
  2. Epcot needed the money that went into Harambe and Rivers of Light (Sorry guys but it's true, even though one's been proven to be one of the best experiences in the country and the other seems to be just as good, even though it's delayed!)
All three needed a lot of work. They've been allowed to slip for over a decade.

BrianLo

Neither would I since it's been talked about on hear for a year now.

But if your Soarin over Pandora land had never been built then DHS may have been getting the full expansion as originally scheduled that it needs instead of something that's potentially turning into a hacking job. Money was very badly spent.

Ah! This seems like a much more logical 'why'.

If Animal Kingdom siphoned an extra 500 million, I definitely could see they would take it from the DHS redo pot. Probably a lot of the money that was scheduled to start being spent in October. :grumpy:

jt04

From everything I can gather I am quite pleased with what is happening. Though it might be scaled back in the short term (except SWL) this will be best for the future of the park. Simply because it adds flexibility to how they expand in the future. IMO.

And I am convinced future adds are inevitable.

UpAllNight

I've always been suspicious of talk of phase 3 and phase 4 although the extent they were discussed on these forums had me very optimistic they would get something right, but alas apparently not. We're talking about a company that is just now, 20 years after it opened, about to make DAK a full day park...and that's very much up to debate.

jt04

I've always been suspicious of talk of phase 3 and phase 4 although the extent they were discussed on these forums had me very optimistic they would get something right, but alas apparently not. We're talking about a company that is just now, 20 years after it opened, about to make DAK a full day park...and that's very much up to debate.

HW became DS because they realized HW would quickly lead to the need for further expansion.

Adding SWL to DHS will quickly create the need for further expansions. Difference is there are 4 theme parks at WDW and only one DTD. So they can be much smarter and strategic with future theme park growth. It will, however, pick up momentum. As I have always thought.

The future is so bright I have to wear :cool:

PizzaPlanet

There's still a chance that SWL could be at the front of the park. If it really is going in SOA/LMA, why didn't they just come out and say it when they announced the closures? It seems like they have a lot more planned than we know.

Spike-in-Berlin

Honestly does every single discussion about a major project like SWL have to take place in this single thread, even after some important news about the possible location of the land have been given out? Wouldn't that at least make a new thread about the topic "SWL not where we expected it" or a similar headline necessary? This thread is already at page 236 by now!

jt04

There's still a chance that SWL could be at the front of the park. If it really is going in SOA/LMA, why didn't they just come out and say it when they announced the closures? It seems like they have a lot more planned than we know.

This!

And I think they have made it very clear that SWL is going into the LMA area.

Best decision ever. Pretty much

HauntedMansionFLA

One would hope. It would make sense to start construction toward the front and work your way back. Not the other way around - construction in the back and working your way up. People would be walking a construction zone for year if you did the latter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom