Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Herbie

Star Tours. Not Star Wars...

Well the plan was eventually to get BATB theatre enclosed as well as update the equipment overall show they could be more elaborate in park shows

Interesting, but I'm not really sure why that would be... As a part of an Echo Lake-area Star Wars Land, I assume they would've just converted Star Tours into a different Star Wars theme? Is it because of timeline issues that I'm not privvy to, given my limited Star Wars knowledge..?

I hope the enclosed theatre isn't regarded as Phase III, and would be it's own project... I am so hoping for new shows as well, and preferably soon, in the midst of construction... Would've loved to have seen Aladdin or The Golden Mickeys.

Mike S

What I don't get is why cost overruns at WDW need to be taken out of WDW budgets -- but cost overruns or financial issues at other parks always seem to be "solved" but slashing stuff at WDW.

Can't the Pandora overruns something Paris to be slashed or something.
How about slashes to executive pay if budgets overrun? Would sure bring in lots of incentive to fix the source of WDI's bloat.

Mike S

I suddenly feel ill.
Of all the things you've defended THAT is what makes you ill? Swapping one space movie for another in a space flight simulator? And that's only if Disney actually wants to retheme Star Tours. I'm more inclined to believe the RnRC rumor myself. Star Tours isn't going anywhere imo.

Mike S

Yes, in that location. ToT, RnRC area makes sense for future Marvel-tastic ideas. Not right next to Star Wars.
image.jpeg

jt04

In the very least it would make more sense. Where would you put Gaurdians of the Galaxy? A space flight simulator or an abandoned 1930's hotel?

I wouldn't be inclined to use that IP anywhere except perhaps Tomorrowland. Someone suggested stitch. I love that idea.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
People have already pointed out why they wouldn't connect Star Tours to a SoA-based SWL from the "back" -- it would prevent backstage access to Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose which is kind of an issue for food service places.

More logical would be to that the Star Wars "street" replacing the current NY street. They can have some shops/restaurant off the side of it, where HISTK currently is (and possible a small cafe replacing/in the vicinity of Writer's shop). Would that passageway be a "choke point"? I don't think it would be anywhere as bad ever as when the Osbourne Lights were there. It's actually fairly wide for a guest path.

The problem with that idea is, how would you handle the entrance to the Muppets area?

doctornick

Let's kill two birds with one stone, re-theme Star Tours to GotG. ;)

Would actually make some sense, but they are keeping Star Tours around until at least the opening of the new Star Wars area, if not for a bit longer. No way they'd do without a signature Star Wars attraction considering how much they are advertising SW in the parks. So, we would be talking about maybe 2019 at the earlier for re-theming it. The impression I get is that they want to get GotG in the park ASAP -- ideally around the time of the sequel movie in 2017 -- so they look to other options.

If they really want to get GotG in ASAP, I'd rather see that theme replace Stitch or even Laugh Floor. It's a better fit in Tomorrowland than at the proposed area in DHS.

Kate F

What's your question? Those are the new fireworks they've been doing nightly for the past 4 months.
Sorry, I didn't know they had already started that...

Edit: I thought it was referring to the new fireworks show that is supposed to open this summer.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Would actually make some sense, but they are keeping Star Tours around until at least the opening of the new Star Wars area, if not for a bit longer. No way they'd do without a signature Star Wars attraction considering how much they are advertising SW in the parks. So, we would be talking about maybe 2019 at the earlier for re-theming it. The impression I get is that they want to get GotG in the park ASAP -- ideally around the time of the sequel movie in 2017 -- so they look to other options.

If they really want to get GotG in ASAP, I'd rather see that theme replace Stitch or even Laugh Floor. It's a better fit in Tomorrowland than at the proposed area in DHS.

Good point. I agree that nothing will happen with Star Tours until SWL is open.

SirLink

Interesting, but I'm not really sure why that would be... As a part of an Echo Lake-area Star Wars Land, I assume they would've just converted Star Tours into a different Star Wars theme? Is it because of timeline issues that I'm not privvy to, given my limited Star Wars knowledge..?

I hope the enclosed theatre isn't regarded as Phase III, and would be it's own project... I am so hoping for new shows as well, and preferably soon, in the midst of construction... Would've loved to have seen Aladdin or The Golden Mickeys.

Star Wars Land was not going into Echo Lake it was IJ and pushing through into the Television Lot.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why would marvel be ok for Star Tours but not ToT?
Is this a serious question???? Have you been to DHS? I assume no. ToT is located in a 1930s era abandoned Hollywood Hotel. It fits perfectly in the area of the park it's in. Last I checked GoTG was not set in 1930s Hollywood. It would be relatively easy to fit into the Star Tours simulator if they rethemed the queue and SW props outside of the building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom