Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RonnieHare

Diagon Alley took 2.5 years.

This was announced August 2015, with attractions closed a year earlier.

I GIVE UP. I thought all the talk was they were going to build this in a timely manner - 2019 or 2020 is an utter shambles.

Disgraceful.

RonnieHare

It takes a while to plan for the future. Have to be sure where to put footers for future expansion as not to have to do the same work twice.

Yes it takes a while. But it doesn't take 5 years.

It doesn't take 2+ years to build a small redo of the Frozen attraction.

They built the original Disneyland in one year.

Shambles management. Top to bottom. Sooner this lot go the better.

RonnieHare

19/20 is conservative. Original timeframe was 20/21.

It really wouldn't surprise me if it was 2021.Just to really rub it in - LATE 2021.

You'll still have the Disney moms and their love of rewards saying it's okay to wait as it makes it just that more special, etc etc >insert excuse<

Honestly, this is just so poor. Custodians in charge of a treasured land of beauty, loved by millions over the world - and they ruin it for corporate dollar.

KingOfEpicocity

Say what you will about WWoHP, but you 100% would not be getting the SWL you're getting without it. Hogsmeade and Diagon changed the game.

Me? I'm happy that the two biggest media properties around are going to each have kickass experiences in Orlando. It is possible to like and enjoy both.

They also ruined the theme park industry. Now it's just a battle of who can get the best IP :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom