Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sped2424

i foresee many people comparing these negatively in the future...
I foresee you making claims without much ground.Also mike s is right Uni deserves the credit here as what they did with potter is the very reason we are getting Star Wars at the caliber it is. Not so long ago in a galaxy that is the one we live in star wars land was going to consist of a spinner, a nicer star tours, and expanded jedi training if my memory is correct.

Mike S

the sooner people realize harry potter is really nothing special, the more fair things will be...
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

doctornick

I will say this. If Star Wars Land ends up exactly how it's shown in the concept art it will blow Diagon Alley completely out of the water. It looks absolutely incredible.

If they have the number of walk around characters shown in the concept art, it will be incredible. I'm skeptical that it will be like that though (outside of special occasions like the grand opening or maybe May 4).

That said, Star Wars opening up with 2 new high quality rides and (apparently) a significant indoor show in addition to the requisite dining and shopping leads me to think it will be more impressive than either of the HP lands individually.

Smiddimizer

The video on the ABC special said you can "bank left and right, and fire laser cannons" on the MF. My guess is that's the extent of rider control.

FigmentJedi

The video on the ABC special said you can "bank left and right, and fire laser cannons" on the MF. My guess is that's the extent of rider control.
Yup. I've been comparing it to the "Star Wars Battle Pod" on steroids, but unlike the overglorified Wii game that is Toy Story Mania, "Star Wars Battle Pod on steroids" is much more worth the wait. The game itself is a thing of beauty, but you put that bad boy in an immersive flight simulator with co-op and you got something majestic.

If they have the number of walk around characters shown in the concept art, it will be incredible. I'm skeptical that it will be like that though (outside of special occasions like the grand opening or maybe May 4).

That said, Star Wars opening up with 2 new high quality rides and (apparently) a significant indoor show in addition to the requisite dining and shopping leads me to think it will be more impressive than either of the HP lands individually.

Looks more like dining entertainment then standalone stage shows to me. Musicians in the cantina like you'd expect in an actual bar and I'm guessing the animatronic Hutt in the Dining Club concept art acts as the emcee for various activities there, like some kinda morbidly obese version of the Adventurer's Club's Colonel.
Add in all that streetmosphere and yeah, will definitely blow Harry Potter out of the water.

RonnieHare

Please no shoot em up ride. Just please no. Nor no rollercoaster.

BTW i know it's been asked so many times - but what' the latest forecast on this land being completed ? Is it a case of 'another Avatar land' horrible long time line ?

jt04

Please no shoot em up ride. Just please no. Nor no rollercoaster.

BTW i know it's been asked so many times - but what' the latest forecast on this land being completed ? Is it a case of 'another Avatar land' horrible long time line ?

Nobody knows the answer to that yet. No point in asking. They have not even announced Pandora and it has 'topped-out'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom