Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

SWL details and placement are giving me a real headache. So many crossed wires and conflicting reports. I'll say one thing. The Mouse House certainly do have an interest in what the fans are talking about.
What exactly are they concerned with? Placement? Timeframe? If you can answer.

doctornick

I'll admit it. It's more fluid than the Niagra Falls.

If there are "fluid" plans for Star Wars to be in the LMA/SoA area, is it possible for two different Star Wars areas (e.g. different planets/settings?) separated by The Muppets?

Edit: I'm not really expecting anyone to know the answer, just thinking out loud.

Crazydisneyfanluke

If there are "fluid" plans for Star Wars to be in the LMA/SoA area, is it possible for two different Star Wars areas (e.g. different planets/settings?) separated by The Muppets?

Edit: I'm not really expecting anyone to know the answer, just thinking out loud.
Would you expect universal to build harry potter on about half of their park? what about Disney with Star Wars? Not everyone is a fan of of those movies. They might as well build a 5th theme park just for Star Wars.

doctornick

Would you expect universal to build harry potter on about half of their park? what about Disney with Star Wars? Not everyone is a fan of of those movies. They might as well build a 5th theme park just for Star Wars.

I wouldn't expect to see any individual IP in "half a park". Even two lands at DHS wouldn't amount to that, especially with guest areas being expanded into formerly backstage areas.

That said, I'm skeptical that they'd build more than one SW land... for now.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't expect to see any individual IP in "half a park". Even two lands at DHS wouldn't amount to that, especially with guest areas being expanded into formerly backstage areas.

That said, I'm skeptical that they'd build more than one SW land... for now.
Me too. DL doesn't have that much extra space to work with, and we will surely get the same rides as DL. Perhaps we get some unique entertainment or dining added, but those don't take up too much space. Placement of the land seems to be the bigger question right now.

Wikkler

Coffee table book?
nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

captainmoch

I kinda hope Phase 3 is two smaller, slightly less fleshed out lands. Specifically, an Indiana Jones area next to SWL with IJA and the Paris coaster, and another Pixar area next to TSL, preferably Monstropolis with the Door Coaster or an Incredibles land with an e-ticket. That way it's two lands for Pixar, two lands for Lucasfilm, and two for Hollywood, with each generally having one bigger land and one smaller land. Seems pretty even to me.

Mike S

I kinda hope Phase 3 is two smaller, slightly less fleshed out lands. Specifically, an Indiana Jones area next to SWL with IJA and the Paris coaster, and another Pixar area next to TSL, preferably Monstropolis with the Door Coaster or an Incredibles land with an e-ticket. That way it's two lands for Pixar, two lands for Lucasfilm, and two for Hollywood, with each generally having one bigger land and one smaller land. Seems pretty even to me.
It's been 20 years since Indiana Jones Adventure. As much as I loved the ride Disney could easily top it with something new. Instead of wasting money bringing over the coaster from Paris I say they should take the route Universal is with Skull Island. A kind of mini land with one huge epic ride.

Luxe

I don't really see it as a problem since both Harry Potter and Star Wars have some pretty distinct locations. Arguably Star Wars has better options due to how many planets are available as a landscape. Personally I wouldn't mind if there were separate lands or areas or whatever you want to call them if they're completely different locations in the same universe. It offered the chance for variety instead of cramming every bit of creative Star Wars content into one planet/land.

I understand that not everyone is a big fan of Star Wars but I don't understand how anyone could oppose more of it assuming you know it will be a top quality land with extremely detailed themeing. Maybe I'm biased because I love Star Wars but I'm really excited for Pandora and I've never even seen Avatar(don't hurt me plz). I'm not really a fan of the Avatar universe but that won't stop me from enjoying a well themed land.

ToTBellHop

Do you think the actual plans are still fluid or is it just the leaks of information? I would think they would have locked down a decision on location by now.
Now that things are actually closing, I'm sure they have. But there is a lot of conflicting information because multiple locations and layouts were considered. Things should become more clear soon enough.

Cesar R M

It seems it could survive very easily if Star Wars goes from Indy/Backlot Express to backstage and into the parking lot and the LMA/SoA area is a different IP.
they could move Indy to LMA and just have all the entire area for Star Wars without losing Indy.
Does LMA fill as much Indy? because everytime I go to WDW, Indy packs to seams.. LMA. not so much..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom