Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

UpAllNight

There's also something to be said about having "slower" and/or less thrilling attractions to go on when you're done with your thrills. Using the IoA example, after back to back to back rides on Dragon Challenge followed by a ride on Forbidden Journey and finished with repeat rides on Hulk and Spider-Man, your mind and body needs a break. Having quieter, calmer "family" rides fills that role. It's why things like the TTA PeopleMover or SSE are so popular at WDW. It's also why I love ET at Universal and really hope they don't get rid of it (though it does need an update). Calmer rides make you better appreciate the thrilling ones, and vice versa.

It's sort of like with food. Spicy and hot foods are great, but I would never want every dish of every meal to be Habanero pepper spicy. You need other dishes to balance it out and, for the most part, Disney has done the best job of figuring that out.

Whilst I mostly agree, I'd argue when you're ready for the 'Habanero pepper spicy' level rides, you need to leave Disney and travel down the road :) . Neither Disney or Universal have got the balance right just yet imo.

HauntedMansionFLA

Star Wars land will likely also have (at least) an indoor jedi training show and who knows what else. Even ignoring rides, Diagon would have benefited from having at least an indoor AA show to buff up the attraction count. The shows they have in the land are nice, but are more smaller scale streetmosphere stuff and I think the land would have benefited by something more ambitious.
I'm still holding out hope for the "Cave of Evil" that appeared on TESB.

Mike S

But when given the choice Disney errors on giving something that pleases most rather than the few. I can't imagine Disney making a ride to thrilling when first opening Star Wars. It just wouldn't make financial sense. You please the masses first, not the desires of the few who want a thrill. Not everybody can ride those thrill rides and to open an area this in demand and not have all its first contents available to most would be a mistake. We all know that no matter what they do they won't please everyone, it's impossible. Disney knows this, so who will they try to please. Now later would they add something more thrilling to this area, maybe.

And u myself love the thrill rides. I just can't imagine they would do that with something with as much potential as this to start
I imagine the ride with the First Order will be a family E Ticket. Haven't insiders said it would be trackless? If so, I can't wait to ride a ride like Mystic Manor :)

Disneyhead'71

But when given the choice Disney errors on giving something that pleases most rather than the few. I can't imagine Disney making a ride to thrilling when first opening Star Wars. It just wouldn't make financial sense. You please the masses first, not the desires of the few who want a thrill. Not everybody can ride those thrill rides and to open an area this in demand and not have all its first contents available to most would be a mistake. We all know that no matter what they do they won't please everyone, it's impossible. Disney knows this, so who will they try to please. Now later would they add something more thrilling to this area, maybe.

And u myself love the thrill rides. I just can't imagine they would do that with something with as much potential as this to start
I would imagine both of the new E Tickets will have height restrictions. And be similar to Star Tours on the thrill meter.

And while I do understand why people like all inclusive rides, I also don't want the major attractions from the #1 adventure serial to be a coma inducing slow roll through the Star Wars universe just so crazy Disney fans can have a "family experience" with their 2 month old.

Wikkler

I would imagine both of the new E Tickets will have height restrictions. And be similar to Star Tours on the thrill meter.

And while I do understand why people like all inclusive rides, I also don't want the major attractions from the #1 adventure serial to be a coma inducing slow roll through the Star Wars universe just so crazy Disney fans can have a "family experience" with their 2 month old.
Some people think Star Tours is too extreme, but are also huge fans of the franchise and would like to enjoy a ride. I think an AA-heavy dark ride should be included.

matt9112

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-star-wars-20151226-story.html

The article is interesting from a general perspective but two things stood out at me. One, Disneyland is closing 10 attractions all at the same time right after the holidays and two, construction on SWL is starting immediately.

Edit: feel free to move this. I had no idea of where to put it as there still isn't a DHS construction forum.

in California things get done. but Florida....

doctornick

I imagine the ride with the First Order will be a family E Ticket. Haven't insiders said it would be trackless? If so, I can't wait to ride a ride like Mystic Manor :)

I kind of think that too the more I think about it. If the First Order conflict ride is a trackless ride with "all the bells and whistles" (that some have contended) then it could easily be Mystic Manor on steroids. I'd love a ride like that for this land. And Mystic Manor is a prime example of how something can be family friendly while still be a fantastic experience.

Then if the Millennium Falcon ride is a sort of Star Tours/Forbidden Journey hybrid, that would be great complimentary rides. Add in some smaller scale attractions (jedi show, streetmosphere, etc.) and unique merch/food and you have the sounds of a fantastic land.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

There's also something to be said about having "slower" and/or less thrilling attractions to go on when you're done with your thrills. Using the IoA example, after back to back to back rides on Dragon Challenge followed by a ride on Forbidden Journey and finished with repeat rides on Hulk and Spider-Man, your mind and body needs a break. Having quieter, calmer "family" rides fills that role. It's why things like the TTA PeopleMover or SSE are so popular at WDW. It's also why I love ET at Universal and really hope they don't get rid of it (though it does need an update). Calmer rides make you better appreciate the thrilling ones, and vice versa.

It's sort of like with food. Spicy and hot foods are great, but I would never want every dish of every meal to be Habanero pepper spicy. You need other dishes to balance it out and, for the most part, Disney has done the best job of figuring that out.
Agree with you, thats why it baffled me that the Jurassic park "flying chairs" was only for small kids.
also the train at Seuss is disturbingly short... barely time to enjoy the scenery it gives.

Some people think Star Tours is too extreme, but are also huge fans of the franchise and would like to enjoy a ride. I think an AA-heavy dark ride should be included.

Considering how Spiderman and Transformers move and shake.
Id say Star Tours is a walk in the park.

Rob562

Then if the Millennium Falcon ride is a short of Star Tours/Forbidden Journey hybrid, that would be great complimentary rides. Add in some smaller scale attractions (jedi show, streetmosphere, etc.) and unique merch/food and you have the sounds of a fantastic land.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of the Millennium Falcon ride is something based off DisneySea's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride system... Instead of bubble windows you have the windows looking out into space. Combine some screens showing the hyperspace stars outside the windows with some physical sets you fly past/over, maybe throw in a couple Kuka arms with physical tie-fighter models flying past the window for good measure...

-Rob

Mike S

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of the Millennium Falcon ride is something based off DisneySea's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride system... Instead of bubble windows you have the windows looking out into space. Combine some screens showing the hyperspace stars outside the windows with some physical sets you fly past/over, maybe throw in a couple Kuka arms with physical tie-fighter models flying past the window for good measure...

-Rob
That would be incredible :jawdrop:

erasure fan1

Whilst I mostly agree, I'd argue when you're ready for the 'Habanero pepper spicy' level rides, you need to leave Disney and travel down the road :) . Neither Disney or Universal have got the balance right just yet imo.
I completely agree. Disney is more balanced than Uni in my eyes but both still have a way to go. The problem is Disney is just too afraid to say hey not every ride is for everyone.

FigmentForver96

I completely agree. Disney is more balanced than Uni in my eyes but both still have a way to go. The problem is Disney is just too afraid to say hey not every ride is for everyone.
That is partially why I get upset when I read about never build rides like Fire Mountain or the bike coaster for Pandora. (I assume that was a real thing at some point). Those had potential to be some major thrill rides for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom