Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyhead'71

Not to a tee, but FB is based on a very small book of odd creatures and beasts that Newt kept track of. JK Rowling just added a ton of depth to a very small piece of work in order to create a new trilogy within the Potter Universe.

I'll give it this - Fantastic Beasts is much more original than the Hobbit because of what I stated above. The story is completely original whereas The Hobbit was more of a retelling. As much as i'm interested in the movie, I still see it as nothing but a way for Rowling to continue to cash-in on the Potter Universe.
There was no story in Fantastic Beasts. It is a field guide, not unlike this one

51YM0iH-v2L._AC_UL320_SR206,320_.jpg

All it does is give a brief introduction page by Newt Scamander and a list of magical beasties. This seems to be perfect source material for a jumping off point back into The Wizarding World of JK Rowling. And with JK writing them herself, I'll trust it until she gives me a reason not too.

Jackson's Hobbit was, story-wise was a bloated mess.

Disneyhead'71

It's a big hint about what makes The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man so cool. In order for the 3D film to work, the focal point of the riders must move along with them in the ride vehicles. Industrial Light and Magic gained this sort of experience doing the media for Transformers: The Ride-3D.

From Wiki:

With traditional 3D projections there is an ideal seating location, where an off-center viewing location reduces the overall effect of the 3D. To allow the ride to effectively combine 3D projections with moving viewers, Kleiser-Walczak and their head of software, Frank Vtiz, developed a process they called squinching. First, the amount of distortion is predicted from a particular viewing angle. This same amount of distortion is then added in the opposite direction in order to counteract the effects. Initially miniature models were used to determine the ride's path and the vehicle's point of view, with full-scale prototypes being used later.[13] Trowbridge and Coup are credited with inventing the concept of squinching, with Universal Studios holding a patent for the method.[33]

Next Big Thing

There was no story in Fantastic Beasts. It is a field guide, not unlike this one

51YM0iH-v2L._AC_UL320_SR206,320_.jpg

All it does is give a brief introduction page by Newt Scamander and a list of magical beasties. This seems to be perfect source material for a jumping off point back into The Wizarding World of JK Rowling. And with JK writing them herself, I'll trust it until she gives me a reason not too.

Jackson's Hobbit was, story-wise was a bloated mess.
That was my point. I know there was no story/plot. JK made it up completely for the movies.

It's a fun way to expand the Potter Universe I guess, but FB this year better be well executed or the following movies after will see a box office decline.

lazyboy97o

It might be possible that the ride system for Pirates of the Caribbean at Shanghai Disneyland can operate without water. That would align it a bit with the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride system.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree that DHS needs a water ride but I also agree with everyone else that this was probably a misinterpreted quote about the Avatarland ride they are currently constructing over at Animal Kingdom.
Okay. I was just reading an article with Jon Snoddy talking about SWL. Maybe they did get the two lands confused.

Cesar R M

Simple comparison is to take note of the Universal Studios store, and the nearby Disney store at Orlando Airport.

One's usually dark and empty, the other is bright and crowded!
I think the only robes being sold are Jedi ! :)

View attachment 125707 View attachment 125708
Its actually pretty simple.
Most people exit towards the Disney side (Disney Magical Express and American airlines counters)

Fantasmicguy

Simple comparison is to take note of the Universal Studios store, and the nearby Disney store at Orlando Airport.

One's usually dark and empty, the other is bright and crowded!
I think the only robes being sold are Jedi ! :)

View attachment 125707 View attachment 125708
That's not Potter vs Star Wars. That's Disney vs Uni and Disney is simply the bigger brand so they see more traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom