Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

G WDW

It'd all make more sense if they partially filled the lake and turned it into a Dagobah-type swamp, with Yoda's house & a half sunk X-Wing that allowed guests to "Use the Force" and raise the X-wing via a Magic Band kiosk.
I doubt they'll do Dagobah, as they already announced SWL is set on an unknown trading post planet.

The idea about the magic band Force thing is brilliant though. I hope WDI puts something in, similar to the wands at Diagon Alley, but much better and on a larger scale.

HauntedMansionFLA

I wonder after the huge numbers that TFA did if they are considering expanding on what they had planned for SWL ?
I'm a Star Wars geek dating back to the original in 1977 and had no idea that TFW world pull in these types of numbers. But it seems like the franchise is back on track. Hopefully Disney see's the money the movie, merchandise and food it's making a revisit their plans for this park and expand them.

Fox&Hound

I'm a Star Wars geek dating back to the original in 1977 and had no idea that TFW world pull in these types of numbers. But it seems like the franchise is back on track. Hopefully Disney see's the money the movie, merchandise and food it's making a revisit their plans for this park and expand them.

I agree. I think they will kick themselves if they don't give themselves room to expand. I am also still surprised that it will focus so heavily on the new trilogy (which is off to an amazing start) but it seems like a missed opportunity to not have some rides/experiences focus on beloved characters: Jabba, Yoda, Ewoks (debatable), etc. Has there been any talk of doing more for Star Wars with the insane success of TFA????

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese

I'd definitely invite expanded Star Wars plans. I actually think Star Wars could be its own gate but in Florida it isn't necessary. I think that in Anahiem it should be a third gate or at least a third gate with Marvel properties. In Florida it should get a bigger footprint in DHS than originally envisioned, truly expanding the current footprint of DHS.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree. I think they will kick themselves if they don't give themselves room to expand. I am also still surprised that it will focus so heavily on the new trilogy (which is off to an amazing start) but it seems like a missed opportunity to not have some rides/experiences focus on beloved characters: Jabba, Yoda, Ewoks (debatable), etc. Has there been any talk of doing more for Star Wars with the insane success of TFA????
It looks like they will focus on TFA first. But the cool thing is with Rogue coming out next December - we get at least Vader and Tarkin (Peter Crushing back from the dead) in that movie. Perhaps Palpatine too.. Hopefully this could be the Phase three project. Get TSL up and running, then SWL then so on. I have high hopes for episode 8 with Rian Johnson taking over.TESB was what most people say the best picture out the first three movies.

doctornick

I'm a big fan of the idea of having a second separate Star Wars land in DHS -- perhaps with a Hogwarts Express type ride/transport connecting them -- and, if they ever were to do that, I think that basing it on the OT timeframe would be cool.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm a big fan of the idea of having a second separate Star Wars land in DHS -- perhaps with a Hogwarts Express type ride/transport connecting them -- and, if they ever were to do that, I think that basing it on the OT timeframe would be cool.
Yep, a peoplemover type of transportation based on the Star Wars universe. It could be an attraction itself.

dizda

Perhaps one area could be "Light Side" (Republic/Jedi/Rebels/Resistance) and the other area could be "Dark Side" (Empire/Sith/First Order/Knights of Ren).

Next Big Thing

There BETTER be a phase 2 for SWL because right now its only slated for 2 rides (plus a couple dining options and gift stores galore).
The "Phase 2" is referring to the second construction phase (After TSL). Whether more SWL gets built is yet to be determined.

Think about it though in comparing to Potter. SWL would have 2 brand new rides plus Star Tours... all seemingly very good rides from what we've heard. Potter has 3 "new" rides (Forbidden Journey, Hogwarts Express and Gringotts) and a few rethemed coasters, one of the kiddie kind.

As far as rides go, Star Wars Land is looking to be fairly packed when you consider Diagon itself (Hogwarts Express isn't in Diagon) has literally one ride and a bunch of shopping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom