Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Nastory4

Well it's really no contest really. In a fight, Luke would destroy Kirk, even without the lightsaber.
disney_star_trek_deviantart_april_fools_1.jpg

DisneyCane

And I think Episode VII will do "1 BILLION DOLLARS" domestic if the mouse wants it to enough. Perhaps by adding a sneak peak of the making of R1 and/or teaser for Episode VIII. Because, IMO, Episodes IV-IX are the Luke Skywalker story. Or should be.

It's not going to do quite that much (no matter what Disney does). Even if they wanted to, the best they could add in the next 1-2 months would be a 30 second teaser trailer for Episode VIII. There's just not enough production done yet. It does have a shot at making $900 million (should pass $850 million pretty easily). Still quite impressive and shows the popularity of the brand. Even accounting for inflation, that will be more than all other Star Wars movies (including re-releases/special editions) except for the original.

I am just happy that somebody made a new Star Wars movie and not a drawn out soap opera, where you already knew the ending, that had so much CGI it looked like a video game like the prequel trilogy!

jt04

It's not going to do quite that much (no matter what Disney does). Even if they wanted to, the best they could add in the next 1-2 months would be a 30 second teaser trailer for Episode VIII. There's just not enough production done yet. It does have a shot at making $900 million (should pass $850 million pretty easily). Still quite impressive and shows the popularity of the brand. Even accounting for inflation, that will be more than all other Star Wars movies (including re-releases/special editions) except for the original.

I am just happy that somebody made a new Star Wars movie and not a drawn out soap opera, where you already knew the ending, that had so much CGI it looked like a video game like the prequel trilogy!

Agreed. I had heard from different stories that this is a movie you must see twice to fully appreciate. All the references to the original trilogy become much less of a distraction and the movie is much easier to appreciate. They definitely have established a firm foundation for the future of the franchise. IMO.

Still think 1 billion is possible.

Figments Friend

Thought I would stop by and leave this here....

Others may have mentioned this, but upon seeing a IMAX showing of 'The Force Awakens' yesterday at a Boston area theater, I saw a trailer/ advert promoting the 'Star Wars Experiences' at Walt Disney World before the start of the film.
Caught me by surprise...and the way it was presented was a bit laughable when one is versed in basic knowledge of what is available now, and what is coming.

I'm sure others have likely seen the clip..but if not, I thought it was worth mentioning here.
It basically focuses on DHS as the place to go for 'all things Star Wars' and really focuses a lot on the Launch Bay offerings.
The ad made it look like a far bigger deal then it is...but then again, that is what ads do.
That was the laughable aspect...making a big deal out of so little being offered currently at DHS when the really cool stuff related to SW is coming down the pipeline soon.
Still, it was cool to see the included footage of fireworks going off over the Chinese Theater in glorious large format IMAX, which was a nice plus.

Interesting to see Disney promoting the in-Park experiences though....and getting a early start.
It was a ready made audience for it.
By the next film chapter I would'nt be surprised to see full-blown pre-film adverts showcasing highlights of 'Star Wars land'.

-

Last edited:

SYRIK2000

Others may have mentioned this, but upon seeing a IMAX showing of 'The Force Awakens' yesterday at a Boston area theater, I saw a trailer/ advert promoting the 'Star Wars Experiences' at Walt Disney World before the start of the film.
Caught me by surprise...and the way it was presented was a bit laughable when one is versed in basic knowledge of what is available now, and what is coming.

I'm sure others have likely seen the clip..but if not, I thought it was worth mentioning here.
It basically focuses on DHS as the place to go for 'all things Star Wars' and really focuses a lot on the Launch Bay offerings.
The ad made it look like a far bigger deal then it is...but then again, that is what ads do.
That was the laughable aspect...making a big deal out of so little being offered currently at DHS when the really cool stuff related to SW is coming down the pipeline soon.
Still, it was cool to see the included footage of fireworks going off over the Chinese Theater in glorious large format IMAX, which was a nice plus.

Interesting to see Disney promoting the in-Park experiences though....and getting a early start.
By the next film chapter I would'nt be surprised to see full-blown pre-film adverts showcasing highlights of 'Star Wars land'.

-
Yea they showed the same ad up in NH. Saw it on Saturday.

Mike S

-
Uni did the same thing with River Adventure and Jurassic World. Weird to us fans, but pretty good bait for those not as knowledgeable.

TalkingHead

That was the laughable aspect...making a big deal out of so little being offered currently at DHS when the really cool stuff related to SW is coming down the pipeline soon

Quite funny when you consider the centerpiece attraction of the current offerings is essentially a flight simulator ride from ca. 1987.

What can we say? The ads must work. After the tugging-at-your-heartstrings come-relive-your-childhood-at-WDW ad that played in my theater, I heard a 19- or 20-yr-old girl saying, "This makes me want to go to Disney World."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom