Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Matt_Black

Too bad pirated dvd sales don't count.

Don't discount China. They are a HUGE market internationally. You'll note that many studios specifically tailor films specifically with China in mind. The Red Dawn remake springs to mind, but I also think that many of the changes made in adapting Big Hero 6 from the comics to animation was done so as to make the characters and setting more palatable to the Chinese market.

Phroobar

They may be a huge market but the entire country is still using one licensed copy of Windows XP Home.
Seeing a movie in a theater is for the rich in China. The rest have never been to a movie or just buy pirated dvds.

Fox&Hound

Don't discount China. They are a HUGE market internationally. You'll note that many studios specifically tailor films specifically with China in mind. The Red Dawn remake springs to mind, but I also think that many of the changes made in adapting Big Hero 6 from the comics to animation was done so as to make the characters and setting more palatable to the Chinese market.

Also, wasn't there an extra scene added to Iron Man 3 that had some well-known Chinese actors and settings to help bring in more revenue???

matt9112

Also, wasn't there an extra scene added to Iron Man 3 that had some well-known Chinese actors and settings to help bring in more revenue???

In order to release in China there are strict rules. I think a domestic actor must be used to some extent. Also certain plots ect are not acceptable. Every notice modern action movies never play the Chinese as bad guys? But old movies continually did? Transformers comes to mind. Even in the new independence day one of the monitoring stations is chinese but none are American.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
With Bob Iger in charge, i reiterate we will see no Star Wars Land in the near future. If it is built we are looking 5-7 years away, which is a nigh on disgrace. It really it.

The film, despite all the hype, only made $30 million more than Jurassic World. I doubt it will get anywhere near Avatar, which holds the box office record.
You're delusional. Step away from the keyboard.

Cesar R M

Exactly. The proper way is to insult Bob Iger's mother.
8o2lq2y.gif

NormC

I don't believe for a moment they are going to build this. Not with Bob Iger in charge.

1) He will build a cheap Toy Story Land, complete with cheap generic coaster. Go youtube various Toy Story Lands in Paris and Hong Kong and look at how cheap they are. This will keep the masses happy.

2) He will keep insisting we are building Star Wars. Even at the next expo evvent, he will show some plans, but nothing more. Crowds will cheer.

3) Iger will leave with all profits high as he hasn't spent anything.

4) Next CEO will have to clear up the mess Iger has left.

Where is the construction, where are the plans? Nothing. DHS has been down for years now, and they have had the Star Wars franchise for nigh on 3 years.
You are so wrong but do not care. Text book trolling. Good job Jordan.
Not sure why you are still here as it is against the rules to have multiple user accounts. Guess the moderators approve of your shtick.

roj2323

There is only one person who believes it won't be built and it's pretty clear he is trolling.

If anything I could see disney announcing that the project will be larger than originally announced (or an added attraction) once the project is well underway. The idea behind this other than the obvious larger SWL would be that it would boost interest and awareness of the project at a key time and build anticipation of SWL's opening.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
With Bob Iger in charge, i reiterate we will see no Star Wars Land in the near future. If it is built we are looking 5-7 years away, which is a nigh on disgrace. It really it.

The film, despite all the hype, only made $30 million more than Jurassic World. I doubt it will get anywhere near Avatar, which holds the box office record.

This post is laughable. Hate Bob Iger much?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
They may be a huge market but the entire country is still using one licensed copy of Windows XP Home.
Seeing a movie in a theater is for the rich in China. The rest have never been to a movie or just buy pirated dvds.

China is the second largest movie market in the world... You can expect a few hundred million more from the Chinese release.

boufa

SW doesn't have to be the biggest movie ever, and it doesn't have to even come close for the SW land project to move forward. Any comparison to SW Land and the overall success of the SW movie (beyond basically being reasonably successful) is just dumb. I would imagine if the movie tanked... I mean blew it bad, then maybe the land or at least some of the elements of the land might be adjusted.

Even with no 7th movie, do you really think that SW land would be a failure based on the previous 6 (as a group)?!?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom