Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

If anything I could see disney announcing that the project will be larger than originally announced (or an added attraction) once the project is well underway. The idea behind this other than the obvious larger SWL would be that it would boost interest and awareness of the project at a key time and build anticipation of SWL's opening.

Agreed. They are going to need a bigger land.

And I hope the performance of the film will put to rest the meme that the IP was for an older generation and that there were new franchises that were the future such as potter and marvel.

PS- Saw "Episode VII" and enjoyed. Need to see it again. Star Wars is back. All is proceeding as I predicted.

PSS-And we get a new movie every year! :geek:

Merry Christmas.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

And I hope the performance of the film will put to rest the meme that the IP was for an older generation and that there were new franchises that were the future such as potter and marvel.

PS- Saw "Episode VII" and enjoyed. Need to see it again. Star Wars is back. All is proceeding as I predicted.

Merry Christmas.
Still getting tangled up in the ramblings inside your head. Well, the more things change and all that....

roj2323

Merry Christmas.

To be honest I thought the new movie was mediocre but I will admit that it was good enough to relaunch / re excite the franchise so well anyway......

Mike S

Merry Christmas.
Does that comparison really need to be made? Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Marvel are all here to stay. They've all proven it.

PhilharMagician

With Bob Iger in charge, i reiterate we will see no Star Wars Land in the near future. If it is built we are looking 5-7 years away, which is a nigh on disgrace. It really it.

The film, despite all the hype, only made $30 million more than Jurassic World. I doubt it will get anywhere near Avatar, which holds the box office record.

I just want to note that Avatar did not have a great opening weekend. It made something like 77 million at open, but when it got rolling it did not stop. Remember that star wars fans will go back many times. I am a huge Star Wars fan and just cannot go to see it yet because of the crowds. Lets see where the numbers are in 4- 6 weeks from now.

Iger will milk the new movies to promote Star Wars Land and I can see an opening in 2019 with Episode 9.

JohnD

So now that the movie h
I just want to note that Avatar did not have a great opening weekend. It made something like 77 million at open, but when it got rolling it did not stop. Remember that star wars fans will go back many times. I am a huge Star Wars fan and just cannot go to see it yet because of the crowds. Lets see where the numbers are in 4- 6 weeks from now.

Iger will milk the new movies to promote Star Wars Land and I can see an opening in 2019 with Episode 9.

Well, AvatarLand is obviously farther along and will open before SW Land. The next movie is slated for 2017. Although having at least a portion of SW Land open in 2017 would be cool just to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Star Wars along with the release of Ep VIII.

twebber55

the guy is just looking to troll it would be best if people just ignored his posts

PhilharMagician

So now that the movie h

Well, AvatarLand is obviously farther along and will open before SW Land. The next movie is slated for 2017. Although having at least a portion of SW Land open in 2017 would be cool just to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Star Wars along with the release of Ep VIII.

IMHO the only thing that may be open in Star Wars land is Star Tours. It takes 2+ years for Disney to build a parking garage let alone a whole themed land. The announcement for the TSMM addition was 9 months ago and should be an easy one since the technology and building already existed and that is expected late 2016. I really would hope they would fast track DHS since it is really in need of help.

bjm72385

IMHO the only thing that may be open in Star Wars land is Star Tours. It takes 2+ years for Disney to build a parking garage let alone a whole themed land. The announcement for the TSMM addition was 9 months ago and should be an easy one since the technology and building already existed and that is expected late 2016. I really would hope they would fast track DHS since it is really in need of help.
I really have a hard time believing that the third track won't open until the end of next year. I thought we already heard that it was getting close to completion, and when I was there two weeks ago Mr. Potato Head had been gone and temporary walls were all over in the queue which tell me they are starting the modifications to tie the third track with the queue. I know many people question some of the decisions they make, but there's no way they wait that long before opening it.

gonzoWDW

Has there been any speculation/confirmation, after having seen the movie, as to which planet SWL will be based on? I know it's been said it will be based on the new trilogy for the most part. After seeing TFA, there are two potential planets in my mind, if it's based on Episode VII.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom