Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bocabear

It is akin to Pandora... Looks beautiful on the surface, but a lot of construction and hoopla for 2 rides, a quick serve and a gift shop. Pandora needs more...It needs at least another attraction maybe two... SWGE needs the same thing. It needs to be fleshed out...it needs a sit down restaurant where you can actually sit back and look at the land...The Carsland expansion at DCA is so successful because it opened with a great E ticket, a beautifully designed setting, 2 C ticket rides, a sit down restaurant, a couple gift shops and multiple quick serve snack venues...and it is just so beautiful...
I think everyone was expecting that same treatment for SWGE but it lacks something... an additional ride, a restaurant....some whimsy and humor....

pdude81

It is akin to Pandora... Looks beautiful on the surface, but a lot of construction and hoopla for 2 rides, a quick serve and a gift shop. Pandora needs more...It needs at least another attraction maybe two... SWGE needs the same thing. It needs to be fleshed out...it needs a sit down restaurant where you can actually sit back and look at the land...The Carsland expansion at DCA is so successful because it opened with a great E ticket, a beautifully designed setting, 2 C ticket rides, a sit down restaurant, a couple gift shops and multiple quick serve snack venues...and it is just so beautiful...
I think everyone was expecting that same treatment for SWGE but it lacks something... an additional ride, a restaurant....some whimsy and humor....
I agree that SWGE could use another attraction at minimum or additional dining space, but Flo's is only a sit down restaurant in the sense that it has chairs to sit down in.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Starwars land (because the whole back story never caught on) has zero crowd flow, it just has a series of dead ends and choke points. The idea that the resistance (or current government depending on your viewpoint) sits less than 200 meters apart from the opposition is silly, as in worse than storm trooper aim silly.

peter11435

Starwars land (because the whole back story never caught on) has zero crowd flow, it just has a series of dead ends and choke points. The idea that the resistance (or current government depending on your viewpoint) sits less than 200 meters apart from the opposition is silly, as in worse than storm trooper aim silly.
The land has some pinch points but there really aren’t any dead ends

Disney Analyst

Disney parks admits in the comments it was a 1-day play test. Ugh.

IMG_0235.jpeg

No Name

The whole criticism of Disney being too cheap to have roaming droids in Galaxy’s Edge is kind of ironic, because there will come a time when it becomes financially beneficial for Disney to replace some of their guest-facing staff with robots, and fans will be like “finally, they’re giving us the droids we were promised!”

britain

These R&D tests have earned back their investment money already. These videos have spread across social media making the non-careful observer think that Galaxy’ Edge is full of cool stuff like this. It is advertising, and when those observers become guests, they will not recognize the droids’ absence during their trip.

adam.adbe

The whole criticism of Disney being too cheap to have roaming droids in Galaxy’s Edge is kind of ironic, because there will come a time when it becomes financially beneficial for Disney to replace some of their guest-facing staff with robots, and fans will be like “finally, they’re giving us the droids we were promised!”
Those are definitely not the droids we're looking for. :confused:

mergatroid

These R&D tests have earned back their investment money already. These videos have spread across social media making the non-careful observer think that Galaxy’ Edge is full of cool stuff like this. It is advertising, and when those observers become guests, they will not recognize the droids’ absence during their trip.
So you're saying that they're not needed then because people won't even notice their absence? I've read your sentence several times and can't work out why if people booked to go on the basis these droids are there that they won't recognise the droid's absence, unless what's there already is so fantastic that it will make them forget why they went?

Is that right? I love Galaxies Edge but think these additions would be great if feasible, certainly if I went expecting them I'd notice them not there though.

britain

So you're saying that they're not needed then because people won't even notice their absence? I've read your sentence several times and can't work out why if people booked to go on the basis these droids are there that they won't recognise the droid's absence, unless what's there already is so fantastic that it will make them forget why they went?

Is that right? I love Galaxies Edge but think these additions would be great if feasible, certainly if I went expecting them I'd notice them not there though.

I think they are an element that adds to an effective advertisement, but most observers wouldn’t book a trip JUST to see the droids. The droids in an ad communicates what KIND of things are at the parks. It definitely IMPLIES that you will see these things if you book a trip to the parks, but most guests understand that they might not see every character, parade, or performance that is advertised when they get there.

To put it bluntly, it is bait and switch, but one that is more permissible and overlooked by the general public.

And, sure, this is legitimate R&D, but by saying “it’s a test“, they are under no obligation to make these fanciful characters perform like work horses every day in the sun and the crowds.

mergatroid

I think they are an element that adds to an effective advertisement, but most observers wouldn’t book a trip JUST to see the droids. The droids in an ad communicates what KIND of things are at the parks. It definitely IMPLIES that you will see these things if you book a trip to the parks, but most guests understand that they might not see every character, parade, or performance that is advertised when they get there.

To put it bluntly, it is bait and switch, but one that is more permissible and overlooked by the general public.

And, sure, this is legitimate R&D, but by saying “it’s a test“, they are under no obligation to make these fanciful characters perform like work horses every day in the sun and the crowds.
Ok thanks for that, that makes some sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom