Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

SplashJacket

I think TFA is the best of the three sequel films.

I would say the majority of people agree with that.
As an adamant Star Wars fan, TFA was a fantastic movie to setup a new trilogy. It’s issue was the subsequent installment squandered all the set-up, and then 9 was just atrocious and ignored everything that came before. So retrospectively, I think 7 ends up being worse since it didn’t successfully setup a new worthwhile trilogy, but as a reboot, it introduced some fantastic characters and had a lot of things to love.

celluloid

More people rated it good than bad?
I never saw evidence of that. You said vocal minority were angry, do you mean did not like it. Just as easy to say ones who enjoyed it were just vocal

You said generally good ratings. And people who were angry with it's results were a vocal minority? Are you including those who thought it was ill conceived too? That does not show more people rated it good.

So few people did this in the big picture that it us fun y you feel vocal minority are angry over it. It can be that it was just not very good

If it was generally good, Disney would have something viable to save it. They have kept things that are bad before. This was not close to the meh radar for enough people.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I never saw evidence of that. You said vocal minority were angry, do you mean did not like it. Just as easy to say ones who enjoyed it were just vocal

You said generally good ratings. And people who were angry with it's results were a vocal minority? Are you including those who thought it was ill conceived too? That does not show more people rated it good.

So few people did this in the big picture that it us fun y you feel vocal minority are angry over it. It can be that it was just not very good

If it was generally good, Disney would have something viable to save it. They have kept things that are bad before. This was not close to the meh radar for enough people.
Tomatometer: 93%
RT & Metacritic critics' rating: 82%
RT & IMDB audience rating: 81%
Cinemascore: A
BO: $2B

I stand by what I said. I have no clue as to what your rambling about or what kind of distinctions you're making to support whatever it is you think you're supporting.

Good Day.

Last edited:

pdude81

Iimagine how awesome GE would be if they hadnt spent money on starcruiser hotel and put it all into GE in FL
That's like saying, "Imagine if they made MNSSHP free this year." I'd take them finishing the rockwork and keeping the High in the Sky Bantha Trolley.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's a really cool place.
If you're there when it's quieter, say later in the day - there are a host of sounds all around the area where the shops are by the awnings.
Kind of hard to take it in when it's loud and bustling.
But if you sit and eat or drink something, and give it time - there's a lot going on sound wise.
The whole area from TSL to Grand Avenue has an often missed intricate series of soundscapes. Some even surprised me. Like you said it’s often hard to make It all out.

Movielover

The whole area from TSL to Grand Avenue has an often missed intricate series of soundscapes. Some even surprised me. Like you said it’s often hard to make It all out.
The sound design for GE is incredible. The way the different loops are blended together make it feel so natural that a lot of times you don't register them as alien or strange. I ended up copying a lot of what they did for a project for my local 501st Legion, lots of tiny details that pop up around the land. But you are correct, too many people and it drowns it out sadly. Why are people so loud and annoying?

Last edited:

SWGalaxys_Edge

I remember those plans too. I think Radiator Springs was supposed to go where the backlot tour was (where SW is now) and the SW land went from echo lake over the location of Indy stunt show and into the parking lot. As far as I know the expansion pad into the parking lot should still be available. The SW hotel is further back so I don’t think used up the space.
Its not a hotel. Yes there is a 3rd expansion area still reserved. At the time GE opened, I was told that it would no sooner than 10 years before an expansion would be considered.

Tha Realest

That's like saying, "Imagine if they made MNSSHP free this year." I'd take them finishing the rockwork and keeping the High in the Sky Bantha Trolley.
I can’t speak for OP, but there’s evidence in the Art of SWGE book that stuff like the table service restaurant designed for the original SWGE was instead carved out and set aside for the hotel experience. I’m not sure how that equates to giving away MNSSHP away for free (as they would’ve likely charged Be Our Guest type prices for the experience)

pdude81

I can’t speak for OP, but there’s evidence in the Art of SWGE book that stuff like the table service restaurant designed for the original SWGE was instead carved out and set aside for the hotel experience. I’m not sure how that equates to giving away MNSSHP away for free (as they would’ve likely charged Be Our Guest type prices for the experience)
There were multiple cuts to the land. One of them was incorporated as part of the starcruiser, but there is no reason to think the starcruiser stole the budget from SWGE on two coasts to take a swing at a very high-priced space cruise experience. Scrapped ideas, especially good ones, often live on in a different form.

The comparison between the SWGS money being used to double the budget for SWGE and free MNSSHP is that neither were ever going to happen or will happen. I wish the company wouldn't pinch pennies on the basics, like those atrocious rocks on a stick you can see from the parking lot, but the SWGS money is a lot more than would have been needed to just build what was planned originally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom