Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Bleed0range

They should have never cut the table service restaurant. Aside from Gaya / Oouani as characters there’s really nothing to salvage from Starcruisers dining experience, none of it fits with the vibe of Batuu.

Gaya is a bad idea haha. I think it would be good if they made it a band instead, like the cantina band. But if they can build the Toy Story table service they can build this one after the fact too. I think they could utilize some of the show ideas from starcruiser maybe.

Bleed0range

I wish the land was more colorful. I know that sounds silly, but the land is so drab with boring tan color everywhere. Some colorful characters would really add some excitement and much needed visual variety from the “sameness” of the land.

I think they should have focused more on green plants/waterfalls/etc. protruding through the existing architecture more. But I think the bigger issue is a lack of a musical score in the bg and/or more droids/aliens.

DCBaker

Premium Member
New drink coming to the Milk Stand beginning tomorrow. Disney says the Tenoo Swirl Crunchies Cereal is topped with raspberry jelly and mini rainbow crunchy candies - the price will be set at $9.49.

IMG_5871.jpg

Incomudro

After following and contributing to the conversation about this land's construction for years I'm thrilled to have my tickets finally booked to see it for myself next month.
It's a really cool place.
If you're there when it's quieter, say later in the day - there are a host of sounds all around the area where the shops are by the awnings.
Kind of hard to take it in when it's loud and bustling.
But if you sit and eat or drink something, and give it time - there's a lot going on sound wise.

Piebald

Kathleen Kennedy had a say. Originally DHS was supposed to have a star wars Tatooine , but Kathleen Kennedy wanted the time line to be Episode 8 and Episode 9 along with a planet that didn't exist in the Star Wars Franchise yet.
I don't mind choosing a new planet. If anything that was kind of smart since it could lift elements of others without forcing one specific theme. The issue is that they haven't yet made it feel immersive (although the new characters like Mando and Ahsoka help a little bit)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Kathleen Kennedy had a say. Originally DHS was supposed to have a star wars Tatooine , but Kathleen Kennedy wanted the time line to be Episode 8 and Episode 9 along with a planet that didn't exist in the Star Wars Franchise yet.
No, Iger did.

He said so directly. He took the blame.

TFA making $2B at the BO made him think that the sequel trilogy would work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom