• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MatheusPG

Abso flippin lootley

It’s no secret the lands are not the runaway successes envisaged.
Is that going to affect WDSP? Some insiders said that Disney was considering making that Rise of the Resistance based on the OT and that they would bring that new story to the US...

britain

I'm surprised the article didn't suggest the easier fix. Batuu just becomes Tatooine and the Cantina is Mos Eisley with Millennium Falcon at a nearby landing spot. Swap out the Hondo character for either Chewbacca or Han Solo. People already like the Chewy mode and try to initiate it. No one like Hondo's constant berating. Instead of smuggling coaxium from the failed Solo movie, smuggle some information from an unknown source. Add in some landmarks from the Original Trilogy throughout the land like the Sandcrawler with Jawas. Add some walkabout characters like the Tusken Raiders and Greedo in the Cantina. The Cantina is also flawed. Obviously they need overflow space so the long lines are alievated.

Tattooine is just Batuu with the rock towers and trees removed. Do you really think it would be more of a draw looking less spectacular but with a “Welcome to Tattooine” sign out front?

FigmentFan82

Tattooine is just Batuu with the rock towers and trees removed. Do you really think it would be more of a draw looking less spectacular but with a “Welcome to Tattooine” sign out front?
Batuu isn't the problem, it's the rigidity of the timeline that is. Batuu should act as a waypoint for all Star Wars canon in the same way that any "land" can hold multiple properties within it. People want to visit Galaxies Edge because it's Star Wars come to life that you get to interact with, not because of a niche timeline with two of the films. I'm sure people would not mind at all vising "The Vader Expereince" and then walking down the path to a Mando meet and greet. Star Wars is a space fantasy, it's ok for it to be all the Star Wars things (within some level of reason I'd assume)

DanielBB8

That’s why I called it a easy fix. Not much changes needed on the outside, but why pretend it is Batuu that wasn’t featured in any movie. Calling it Tattooine means they can feature Original Trilogy walkabout characters and the Cantina is real Star Wars in Mos Eisley instead of fake stand-in.

DanielBB8

I wonder how much MFSR can be changed. The rails aspect limits the degree to which the ride can be controlled. But the more “freedom” they give to the pilot, the less control they have over ride duration and graphics (rendering completely unique environments would be a nightmare processing wise). I also feel like it’s movement capabilities feel like a downgraded version of Star Tours.
I don’t even get your objection. They can do whatever they want with the graphics and pilot control.

Robbiem

That’s why I called it a easy fix. Not much changes needed on the outside, but why pretend it is Batuu that wasn’t featured in any movie. Calling it Tattooine means they can feature Original Trilogy walkabout characters and the Cantina is real Star Wars in Mos Eisley instead of fake stand-in.
You could change out hondo for an animatronic Jabba the hutt that’s something a lot of people would like to see me included!

Surferboy567

The fans are obviously the problem. I'm sure Lucasfilms agrees. Sequel Trilogy tanks. We gave you what you SHOULD love. It's all your fault!!!
You don’t have to like the sequel trilogy it has problems. I enjoy most of it (their are parts that have problems). Batuu versus Tattooine has nothing to do with the sequel trilogy it is a planet that exists in both timelines.
Nope, we the fans don't have control of the content, they do. It's up to them to try and make the best decisions, and it seems the Mando crew gets it
Mando is excellent, it can be easily written he stopped in Batuu.

DanielBB8

You don’t have to like the sequel trilogy it has problems. I enjoy most of it (their are parts that have problems). Batuu versus Tattooine has nothing to do with the sequel trilogy it is a planet that exists in both timelines.

Mando is excellent, it can be easily written he stopped in Batuu.

Batuu doesn't exist if you don't visit Disney Star Wars in the theme parks. So what reason do you have to go to Galaxy's Edge? If the Sequel Trilogy is it, then it's even less reason to go. Tatooine exists in both prequel and original trilogy. It's a ready made market.

Surferboy567

Batuu doesn't exist if you don't visit Disney Star Wars in the theme parks. So what reason do you have to go to Galaxy's Edge? If the Sequel Trilogy is it, then it's even less reason to go. Tatooine exists in both prequel and original trilogy. It's a ready made market.
Their are millions of planets in Star Wars. I don’t understand why we can’t just have an original planet for the parks. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the sequels. This is a planet that has always existed in the universe (yes, it was made up for the land) but in the Star Wars Galaxy this planet has always existed.

They can set it in a different era that doesn’t really matter. The planet Batuu though always has existed though.

Supreme Leader

From my understanding the whole point of them choosing Batuu is so they wouldn't be tied down to any one specific trilogy of films. They shot themselves in the foot by setting it in-between what would become the "divisive" Star Wars films Ep 8 & 9 even though both of these films had yet to be released. A lot of people seem to forget that this land and the decisions were made for it long before Ep 8 and 9 were released. In hindsight, they should've gone with Batuu being an all inclusive Star Wars land not tied to any specific time period.

DanielBB8

Their are millions of planets in Star Wars. I don’t understand why we can’t just have an original planet for the parks. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the sequels. This is a planet that has always existed in the universe (yes, it was made up for the land) but in the Star Wars Galaxy this planet has always existed.

They can set it in a different era that doesn’t really matter. The planet Batuu though always has existed though.
I can understand your point of view to keep trying, but Star Wars is a specific place and time that they keep going back for stories and inspiration. They can keep hammering, but at some point they should decide if it's Star Wars or his evil alter ego.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom