Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DanielBB8

Tattooine is just Batuu with the rock towers and trees removed. Do you really think it would be more of a draw looking less spectacular but with a “Welcome to Tattooine” sign out front?
That’s why I called it a easy fix. Not much changes needed on the outside, but why pretend it is Batuu that wasn’t featured in any movie. Calling it Tattooine means they can feature Original Trilogy walkabout characters and the Cantina is real Star Wars in Mos Eisley instead of fake stand-in.

DanielBB8

I wonder how much MFSR can be changed. The rails aspect limits the degree to which the ride can be controlled. But the more “freedom” they give to the pilot, the less control they have over ride duration and graphics (rendering completely unique environments would be a nightmare processing wise). I also feel like it’s movement capabilities feel like a downgraded version of Star Tours.
I don’t even get your objection. They can do whatever they want with the graphics and pilot control.

Robbiem

That’s why I called it a easy fix. Not much changes needed on the outside, but why pretend it is Batuu that wasn’t featured in any movie. Calling it Tattooine means they can feature Original Trilogy walkabout characters and the Cantina is real Star Wars in Mos Eisley instead of fake stand-in.
You could change out hondo for an animatronic Jabba the hutt that’s something a lot of people would like to see me included!

Surferboy567

The fans are obviously the problem. I'm sure Lucasfilms agrees. Sequel Trilogy tanks. We gave you what you SHOULD love. It's all your fault!!!
You don’t have to like the sequel trilogy it has problems. I enjoy most of it (their are parts that have problems). Batuu versus Tattooine has nothing to do with the sequel trilogy it is a planet that exists in both timelines.
Nope, we the fans don't have control of the content, they do. It's up to them to try and make the best decisions, and it seems the Mando crew gets it
Mando is excellent, it can be easily written he stopped in Batuu.

DanielBB8

You don’t have to like the sequel trilogy it has problems. I enjoy most of it (their are parts that have problems). Batuu versus Tattooine has nothing to do with the sequel trilogy it is a planet that exists in both timelines.

Mando is excellent, it can be easily written he stopped in Batuu.

Batuu doesn't exist if you don't visit Disney Star Wars in the theme parks. So what reason do you have to go to Galaxy's Edge? If the Sequel Trilogy is it, then it's even less reason to go. Tatooine exists in both prequel and original trilogy. It's a ready made market.

Surferboy567

Batuu doesn't exist if you don't visit Disney Star Wars in the theme parks. So what reason do you have to go to Galaxy's Edge? If the Sequel Trilogy is it, then it's even less reason to go. Tatooine exists in both prequel and original trilogy. It's a ready made market.
Their are millions of planets in Star Wars. I don’t understand why we can’t just have an original planet for the parks. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the sequels. This is a planet that has always existed in the universe (yes, it was made up for the land) but in the Star Wars Galaxy this planet has always existed.

They can set it in a different era that doesn’t really matter. The planet Batuu though always has existed though.

Supreme Leader

From my understanding the whole point of them choosing Batuu is so they wouldn't be tied down to any one specific trilogy of films. They shot themselves in the foot by setting it in-between what would become the "divisive" Star Wars films Ep 8 & 9 even though both of these films had yet to be released. A lot of people seem to forget that this land and the decisions were made for it long before Ep 8 and 9 were released. In hindsight, they should've gone with Batuu being an all inclusive Star Wars land not tied to any specific time period.

DanielBB8

Their are millions of planets in Star Wars. I don’t understand why we can’t just have an original planet for the parks. Like I said, it has nothing to do with the sequels. This is a planet that has always existed in the universe (yes, it was made up for the land) but in the Star Wars Galaxy this planet has always existed.

They can set it in a different era that doesn’t really matter. The planet Batuu though always has existed though.
I can understand your point of view to keep trying, but Star Wars is a specific place and time that they keep going back for stories and inspiration. They can keep hammering, but at some point they should decide if it's Star Wars or his evil alter ego.

DanielBB8

Batuu is in the books/comics, so it does exist outside of Disney Parks
How many millions of books and comics were sold before they decided to base Stars Wars land off of Batuu? No, actually, they came after. I'm sure millions of people seen Batuu in Galaxy's Edge because of Star Wars and many left perplexed.

Galaxy's Edge is now in Sims4

"In fact, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge #1 from Marvel Comics only sold a paltry 30,000 copies last year. This is very low for a Star Wars book, even though all Star Wars comics have been declining in sales."

FigmentFan82

How many millions of books and comics were sold before they decided to base Stars Wars land off of Batuu? No, actually, they came after. I'm sure millions of people seen Batuu in Galaxy's Edge because of Star Wars and many left perplexed.

Galaxy's Edge is now in Sims4

"In fact, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge #1 from Marvel Comics only sold a paltry 30,000 copies last year. This is very low for a Star Wars book, even though all Star Wars comics have been declining in sales."
I don't see how any of that is relevant to the point that Batuu is not exclusive to Disney Parks

FigmentFan82

No. They put it in the books and comics after they decided to call the land Batuu. Books and comics the majority of people do not read. They didn't even include it in one of the new movies that is how inept Disney's Star Wars is.
Try reading before replying, no one said Batuu existed before the land was created, I said Batuu is not exlusive to Disney Parks, which is what the original poster claimed was the case

DanielBB8

Try reading before replying, no one said Batuu existed before the land was created, I said Batuu is not exlusive to Disney Parks, which is what the original poster claimed was the case
In my original post, I was referring to the movies where it doesn't exist. The books and comics are irrelevant and few bought them. Even Lucasfilms decided to obliterate the expanded Star Wars Universe where it didn't suit them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom