News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

HauntedMansionFLA

Sure. Like, if the theme of the 3rd park was sort of a semi-AK / World Showcase like "Exotic Cultures & Extreme Climates" like Tibet, Africa, Arctic, Polynesia you could segue into some Endor village, or whatever.

Not that it would be ideal, but you could.
You could have Avatar brought to the third gate. WestCOT? Something like DisneySea? Or something totally different?

Phroobar

Bob Iger is a Sith Lord.
i-D3rVzFT-M.png
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1361493636_Sith-Lord.jpeg

Earl Sweatpants

It seems folks are getting caught up in the number of rides. No one is going to walk away when this opens thinking Bugs Land did it better because it has 5 rides.

This is a fairly major first offering. It's much closer to Gringotts and Hogsmeade combined than either on their own.

We've come a long way when insiders are saying we are getting a land with what is currently on track for the best E-ticket Disney has ever built (preferences aside) and another that easily will make people's top 5-10. Tacked onto one of the most immersive single lands Disney has attempted... And the reaction is - "that's it?"

I'm scratching my head for a different reason. We always want more more more.
I get what you're saying...and really my only questions/concerns/comments are in light of what would happen at a speculated third park.

Surely, SWL will be a huge success both here and DHS. I love watching the construction updates (why I post here in the first place) and am content to just leave it at that.

SSG

I get what you're saying...and really my only questions/concerns/comments are in light of what would happen at a speculated third park.

Surely, SWL will be a huge success both here and DHS. I love watching the construction updates (why I post here in the first place) and am content to just leave it at that.
I totally agree that in an ideal world Disney would build a 3rd Gate with an enormous Star Wars presence. Star Wars is a big enough property to justify several lands in a park, if not an entire park of its own. That’s why I believe SWL at Disneyland is just the beginning. If and when a 3rd Gate comes, I think Star Wars plays a major part.

Last edited:

Earl Sweatpants

I totally agree that in an ideal world Disney would build a 3rd Gate with enormous Star Wars presence. Star Wars is a big enough property to justify several lands in a park, if not an entire park of its own. That’s why I believe SWL at Disneyland is just the beginning. If and when a 3rd Gate comes, I think Star Wars plays a major part.
I guess that's all I ever meant to convey. In an ideal world...so many things at Disney would be different. :)

DznyRktekt

On Book 3 ... either a very slow reader or, the reality, just haven't been able to make the time ... busy wasting it on things like Disney fan forums and all!:eek::D:cool:
I am 3/4 through book three as well. Reading it to my kids before lights out and usually average just under two minutes a page. House rule is anyone is allowed to watch the movies up to where we end our reading. Needless to say they ask to read often. :cool:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
FreshBaked must have been reading the comments here. They posted a construction, video,shot this morning, and Dave elected to do no commentary.

You can see that they have started to but re-bar along the walls of the pit, you can see them just sticking up above the near wall. I assume they are going to put forms inside the pit and then pour concrete between the forms and the retaining wall to form the final walls of the pit.

Untitled.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

You can see that they have started to but re-bar along the walls of the pit, you can see them just sticking up above the near wall. I assume they are going to put forms inside the pit and then pour concrete between the forms and the retaining wall to form the final walls of the pit.

View attachment 173374

I'm curious exactly what this attraction's ride vehicle will be and why a large underground pit is necessary. Is this a Pirate's type of situation?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Call me a naive optimist, but it wouldn't surprise me if the board has looked at the company's history of 2nd / 3rd / 4th parks and it's pretty plain to see that the "studio" park concept –

Nope...at least not the current resort hotel surrounded concept they have now......

*1023*

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
It seems folks are getting caught up in the number of rides. No one is going to walk away when this opens thinking Bugs Land did it better because it has 5 rides.

This is a fairly major first offering. It's much closer to Gringotts and Hogsmeade combined than either on their own.

We've come a long way when insiders are saying we are getting a land with what is currently on track for the best E-ticket Disney has ever built (preferences aside) and another that easily will make people's top 5-10. Tacked onto one of the most immersive single lands Disney has attempted... And the reaction is - "that's it?"

I'm scratching my head for a different reason. We always want more more more.

Perfectly classified as always. There has been nothing revealed yet that will equal the next 4 years. And yet, more is still what we will get... Provided "Uncle Bob's" successor follows through....

*1023*

Phroobar

Believe it or not, some of us actually despise the idea of the Star Wars Experience being part of the original Disney park.
Believe it or not, a huge majority of us and park visitors think it is a wonderful idea the Star Wars Experience is being part of the original Disney park.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom