News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

raymusiccity

Its in Utah, lots of open land in the Mid West. I'm telling you Disney should have built another park in the Mid West.

I would guess that Utah weather will play havoc with Evermore's bottom line:

"Snow falls frequently during the winter, contributed largely by the lake-effect from the Great Salt Lake. The only source of precipitation in the summer is monsoon moisture moving north from the Gulf of California. Summers are hot, frequently reaching above 100 °F (38 °C), while winters are cold and snowy." (Utah Tourist website)

TP2000

there is a really bad siteline issue at around 2:54 in that video. looks like they didn't take into consideration the view from the top of the mark twain in that one area above the building. The rock formation runs short and you can see the supports, hopefully they can get one more wire mesh added to the budget and cover that hollow spot with the supports showing. I'm sure its not visible from anywhere else but it sure destroy the illusion from the Mark twain

Good catch! Hey WDI, send an intern on a Home Depot run for more chicken-wire, plaster, and paint!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I would guess that Utah weather will play havoc with Evermore's bottom line:

"Snow falls frequently during the winter, contributed largely by the lake-effect from the Great Salt Lake. The only source of precipitation in the summer is monsoon moisture moving north from the Gulf of California. Summers are hot, frequently reaching above 100 °F (38 °C), while winters are cold and snowy." (Utah Tourist website)

Or it may play into it as they are going for medieval renaissance which would work for the snowy Utah winters. Plus they are saying its seasonal in their employment openings.

Phroobar

From the videos I've seen, it looks no where near complete and these were taken this week. Right now it looks like a glorified halloween maze or renaissance fair. It's no where near Universal or Knotts standards yet. Where are the rides? Even their crypt walkthru looks very unfinished.

TP2000

From the videos I've seen, it looks no where near complete and these were taken this week. Right now it looks like a glorified halloween maze or renaissance fair. It's no where near Universal or Knotts standards yet. Where are the rides? Even their crypt walkthru looks very unfinished.

First time I've ever heard of this place, but that doesn't look like a theme park or anything close to it.

It looks like a vague Ren Faire thing in a field. There are no rides, just a few houses and a stunt show on an outdoor stage.

Figments Friend

It'll also be far easier to stock the shops in Galaxy's Edge with the same merchandise as the Star Trader then to maintain a selection of stock that's exclusive to the land and creative enough to be convincing thematically.

I have the feeling that Disney will handle the merch offerings in a thematic way like Wind Traders over at DAK's 'Pandora' handles it.
There will likely be 'exclusive' related merch and probably some land specific things as well as the typical generic, can buy anywhere items.

They have a ready made audience of serious Star Wars collectors I have no doubt they will want to tap into yet again, and 'Galaxy's Edge' is the perfect place to do it.
In other words, I'm expecting a lower grade attempt to copy Universal's very successful merch program at 'Wizarding World of HP'.

I agree however that the first year or two will showcase the original merch intent, and likely be reduced to just generic stuff after a short time.
It's a trend that seems to happen, even in places with the best intentions.

DAK's Wind Traders example I used earlier is a good example -
The 'adopt a Banshee' signature merch experience seems to already be somewhat downgraded to a simplified task compared to what was taking place the first year or so it was open.

-

nevol

Rumor mongering over here. Recent FreshBaked video showed more mature trees removed from the area between world of color and the little mermaid and replaced with baby trees. Unless these trees were sick, I am hoping that they were moved over to Galaxy's Edge, effectively turning all of the DLR into a tree farm for galaxy's edge so that it doesn't open with baby trees.

Old Mouseketeer

Rumor mongering over here. Recent FreshBaked video showed more mature trees removed from the area between world of color and the little mermaid and replaced with baby trees. Unless these trees were sick, I am hoping that they were moved over to Galaxy's Edge, effectively turning all of the DLR into a tree farm for galaxy's edge so that it doesn't open with baby trees.

Here's my post from the Marvel thread:

California is battling a non-native beetle infestation that attacks certain types of trees. One of my Bothans reported that there are signs where trees around TDA have been removed with replacements to come. There are many trees around the resort that have been treated, had infested limbs removed, or been taken out entirely. This is affecting many dozens, if not hundreds, of trees. Here's one story about the crisis with the title: "The shot hole borer beetle could kill 38% of all trees in the L.A. region."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...southern-california-trees-20171130-story.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom