News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
Hahah ok I’m sold. 6am it is!

Ha ha ha, not that early :p. Unless you are going opening week, in which case that's probably correct. I think I arrived 2 hours early for Shanghai Disneyland's Grand Opening (it was a 12PM opening though so that wasn't really 'extreme' from an early sense) and that was about perfect.

I'm sure someone will nail down the "right" time. Currently Pandora seems to be 60-75 minutes. That's why I expect this to settle into 75-90 for the summertime. With the benefit of hopefully two desirable attractions and not just one for Pandora.

mickEblu

Ha ha ha, not that early :p. Unless you are going opening week, in which case that's probably correct. I think I arrived 2 hours early for Shanghai Disneyland's Grand Opening (it was a 12PM opening though so that wasn't really 'extreme' from an early sense) and that was about perfect.

I'm sure someone will nail down the "right" time. Currently Pandora seems to be 60-75 minutes. That's why I expect this to settle into 75-90 for the summertime. With the benefit of hopefully two desirable attractions and not just one for Pandora.

6:30am then sounds just right. Meaning I’ll have to wake up at 5am roughly. (Barf)

mickEblu

I do this for my day trips anyways. Up at 5, out the door at 5:30, at the park by 6:45-7, at the main gate by 7:20.

I envy the people who live within 20 minutes of the park.

Haha so do I. I live about 45 minutes away with no traffic which is very rare. It usually takes me about one hour 20 minutes to get to the park. But honestly aside from how brutal it is waking up that early, everything else falls into line pretty nicely. No traffic, good parking, quick loading on the tram and the park is so pleasant those first 3 hours after opening.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I do this for my day trips anyways. Up at 5, out the door at 5:30, at the park by 6:45-7, at the main gate by 7:20.

I envy the people who live within 20 minutes of the park.
Haha so do I. I live about 45 minutes away with no traffic which is very rare. It usually takes me about one hour 20 minutes to get to the park. But honestly aside from how brutal it is waking up that early, everything else falls into line pretty nicely. No traffic, good parking, quick loading on the tram and the park is so pleasant those first 3 hours after opening.

I envy both of you, still closer to the parks than me living 6 hours away. And I'm sure @Curious Constance is envious of all of us living a whole state away.

SuddenStorm

I guess I should clarify: I live 10 hours away cause of school, but when I'm in town, the house I stay at is an hour away. And I'm an AP.

So about 12 hours travel to hit the park :p

Curious Constance

I envy both of you, still closer to the parks than me living 6 hours away. And I'm sure @Curious Constance is envious of all of us living a whole state away.
Yeah, my drive is so far I’ll never drive it again. Flying exclusively now. The drive down isn’t so bad because everyone is excited and fresh. After 5 days in the park, mental and physical exhaustion sets it, and we all but murder each other on the way home.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, my drive is so far I’ll never drive it again. Flying exclusively now. The drive down isn’t so bad because everyone is excited and fresh. After 5 days in the park, mental and physical exhaustion sets it, and we all but murder each other on the way home.

I mean I'm crazy, but I would never drive all the way from Oregon unless it was like a road trip split up with multiple stops/stays to see the sites.

Curious Constance

I mean I'm crazy, but I would never drive all the way from Oregon unless it was like a road trip split up with multiple stops/stays to see the sites.
Yeah, we only did it once I think. And then once when my brother drove us down and went with us. Never again.

It would be nice to live close enough to drive in for the day. Of course, not worth living in CA nice, but nice nonetheless. 😋

SuddenStorm

This year has been different as I've been busy with work, but normally 3x a year for 3 days at a time.

I've always wondered- but how much time do you spend in the park each day for a multi day trip? I've only ever done day trips, but when I go I'm there from open-close without leaving the park.

I feel like the more consecutive days one spends, the less return on investment there is since you get burned out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom