News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

Sounds like Poseidon's Fury to me... Star Trek Experience in Vegas did it really well too.

That Star Trek thing at the Las Vegas Hilton was brilliant, and that was over 20 years ago. If WDI can come up with something just as cool for Star Wars Land, then it will be a huge wow moment. I imagine they'll need to do it for groups of 100+ people instead of groups of 20 though.

However, I am increasingly convinced that the Disneyland version of the land will have a lot more elbow room and panoramic vista entrance moments compared to the DHS version. The aerial images and my amateur Google Earth searches make it look as if a lot of extra space is missing from the DHS version; obviously around the Muppets/Critter Country side but now also over on the Millenium Falcon/Village side of the land. It just seems smooshed at DHS and like they will need to edit some things out of the land itself for DHS.

Last edited:

Daannzzz

No. We just did fastpass for FoP a couple days ago and you don’t go through any of the great part of the inside queue. You go up the side of the mountian, which was very scenic, then through some plain caves and then are in the long cement hallway waiting for the link chambers. It was great not to have to wait the 2-3 hours for the ride but i hope to see the extended queue sometime.

jaxonp

No. We just did fastpass for FoP a couple days ago and you don’t go through any of the great part of the inside queue. You go up the side of the mountian, which was very scenic, then through some plain caves and then are in the long cement hallway waiting for the link chambers. It was great not to have to wait the 2-3 hours for the ride but i hope to see the extended queue sometime.

This would have been a great opportunity for them to add something unique to the FP queue!

smile

yessir - you may even sense little 'extra mile' enhancement efforts...
and most certainly smells, as you're consistently bombarded by them :p

for example, while seated in your own motorbike-like vehicle before the show begins, there's a small screen on the center console right in front of your face that's designed to draw your attention, as it flashes pretty colors and incorporates your picture. when the ride begins, there's a small white flash from that console to temporarily blind you (old gag) - in the moment you're blinded, the wall in front of you has lowered to display the large sim screen. if you don't know it's coming and just immerse yourself in the experience, it works quite well, as the small room you were just in has, in that moment, expanded to become much larger, revealing the theater... and you're off!

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member

britain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom