News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Hatbox Ghostbuster

New trilogy was expected, as well as more solo films. Kathleen Kennedy and Iger both stated they are planning films for SW for the next 10+ years.
True. Just interesting that they're already locked in their guy for X, XI, and XII before VIII makes it out.
Also, I kinda thought they were gonna go with RJ for IX, but then they switched back to JJ. So, having RJ now in charge of an entire new trilogy was a surprise.

britain

True. Just interesting that they're already locked in their guy for X, XI, and XII before VIII makes it out.
Also, I kinda thought they were gonna go with RJ for IX, but then they switched back to JJ. So, having RJ now in charge of an entire new trilogy was a surprise.

Actually it makes sense. If this new trilogy with RJ was being cooked up, then that's why he didn't take on IX.

But just to be clear, I don't think this new trilogy should be considered X, XI and XII. It's separate from the "Skywalker Saga" films.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Actually it makes sense. If this new trilogy with RJ was being cooked up, then that's why he didn't take on IX.

But just to be clear, I don't think this new trilogy should be considered X, XI and XII. It's separate from the "Skywalker Saga" films.
So then...will they call it Episode 1 of...some differently named thing?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Having a single writer for all three is a good idea as it means there will be a single continuity from one source. Instead of another writer trying to think how to make a new film in their way but stay in the same continuity.

britain

Bolder prediction: I will not see a single one of these new trilogy films in theaters.

Ha! Why? Are you not interested in any of them? Or is this a comment on digital distribution and Disney's new Netflix-type service? As in NO ONE will see it in theaters?

TROR

Ha! Why? Are you not interested in any of them? Or is this a comment on digital distribution and Disney's new Netflix-type service? As in NO ONE will see it in theaters?
Mostly lack of interest. I mean, if it ends up being Old Republic or something, then yeah I'll definitely see them in theaters, but if it's just more akin to Rogue One then count me out. I know Johnson's a better director than Edwards, but Rogue One was so bad that it has turned me off from just about anything that's not the episodic films. I have zero plans to see Solo when it comes out just a mere 6 months after The Last Jedi. And that's another issue I have with this, I like waiting for my Star Wars. I wish we weren't getting a new movie ever 3 years like before. This once a year nonsense is terrible and it's over saturating the market making me, frankly, bored of Star Wars.

shortstop

Mostly lack of interest. I mean, if it ends up being Old Republic or something, then yeah I'll definitely see them in theaters, but if it's just more akin to Rogue One then count me out. I know Johnson's a better director than Edwards, but Rogue One was so bad that it has turned me off from just about anything that's not the episodic films. I have zero plans to see Solo when it comes out just a mere 6 months after The Last Jedi. And that's another issue I have with this, I like waiting for my Star Wars. I wish we weren't getting a new movie ever 3 years like before. This once a year nonsense is terrible and it's over saturating the market making me, frankly, bored of Star Wars.
I think you’re in the minority in thinking Rogue One was bad.

britain

Ah, I see. I was tickled by the detail and care that went into Rogue One, but I couldn't get emotionally connected to any of the characters. I keep seeing it there on Netflix saying to me, "Hey! Remember me! I'm a Star Wars movie, you like those!" And I think about it for a second, and then I opt for watching more Studio C instead.

But, I can't deny that I'm excited about Last Jedi, and that excitement comes from the open-endedness of the story. We're not slogging our way toward Anakin falling to the darkside. And a whole new trilogy (IF it has likable characters) can be just as compelling.

mickEblu

So with the two Star Wars E tickets, the possible Mickey ride (and you can probably throw the inevitable Frozen attraction in too) Disneyland could have another 4 E tickets in the next 10 years. Does any other park have more E tickets than Disneyland NOW let alone after these future additions? It's kind of cool that Disneyland happens to have more E tickets AND more dark rides in general than any other park. All while still maintaining its charm... so far.

spacemt354

Chili's
So with the two Star Wars E tickets, the possible Mickey ride (and you can probably throw the inevitable Frozen attraction in too) Disneyland could have another 4 E tickets in the next 10 years. Does any other park have more E tickets than Disneyland NOW let alone after these future additions? It's kind of cool that Disneyland happens to have more E tickets AND more dark rides in general than any other park. All while still maintaining its charm... so far.
E-ticket is always a subjective term, but I think it would be safe to say that Disneyland already has and will extend its lead in the 'E-ticket' race among Disney theme parks:bookworm:

BrianLo

Original Poster

The only two parks off the top of my head, hot on the trail, would be Tokyo Disneyland or Universal Studio's Japan. TDL seemed like it would try to keep pace, but plans softened. USJ is a nice little best-of potpourri and does have what sounds like two more imminent E-tickets in Nintendo. I doubt any park will pass it unless Comcast or OLC go crazy though. I don't see Disney itself plussing a park enough to catch up in the next 25 years, at least.

A Uni park inevitably may surpass Disneyland, but they build their parks E-ticket dense by comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom