News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So how do we get to the second floor? I thought trackless vehicles can't go uphill? I guess some sort Haunted Mansion elevator experience in the queue didn't necessarily get shot down by @marni1971 because you don't necessarily board an elevator. Riiiight Marni?
Ride vehicles have used elevators before. Think Transformers, Tower of Terror. Tower in particular shows an AGV can reliably drive into a locking mechanism.

Technically Energys Travelling Theatres also travelled vertically ;) Sigh :(

Last edited:

britain

Ride vehicles have used elevators before. Think Transformers, Tower of Terror. Tower in particular shows an AGV can reliably drive into a locking mechanism.

I can't reveal where I got this image, but are you referring to this?

upload_2017-11-6_16-19-20.png

;)

mickEblu

Oh that's right I forgot about Floridas TOT. You must be referring to Transformers in Florida? They don't do that at USH.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Oh that's right I forgot about Floridas TOT. You must be referring to Transformers in Florida? They don't do that at USH.
Actually they do! And very effectively apparently, if you never noticed.

Basically, at two points in the ride you're facing a two story screen. You lock into the moving platform and lift up while the image on the screen adjusts to your vertical movement.

TRANSFORMERS-The-Ride-3D-1-e1457446101199.jpg

mickEblu

Basically, at two points in the ride you're facing a two story screen. You lock into the moving platform and lift up while the image on the screen adjusts to your vertical movement.

Wow! I've only been on it twice but I didn't notice. I just felt disoriented and like I was being thrown around the entire time but I never felt as if we went up a story.

mickEblu

So I guess the difference with Battle Escape is that you ll lock into a moving platform that will bring you up to the second floor where you finish off the attraction and another platform brings you back down (maybe).

britain

So I guess the difference with Battle Escape is that you ll lock into a moving platform that will bring you up to the second floor where you finish off the attraction and another platform brings you back down (maybe).

They might pull a WDW Pirates and let you get back to ground level after you get off your vehicle and ride a speed ramp! :happy:

No Name

The Transformers ride is interesting because all you do is get helplessly beat up by the entire time. That other guy on your team does pretty much all the attacking while you get attacked. It's stupid, but fun, but still stupid. I hope there's actually more of a relevant story to Battle Escape and its not just a higher-budget Transformers ride.

The fact that the best name they came up with was "Transformers: The Ride" is telling.

You guys are going to give a few posters a manic breakdown over this land usage business. :hilarious:

Almost the opposite. Some people are actually starting to see the sizable expansion pads beyond the berms. Therefore, they must be starting to see that it could've been built larger and could've been built more than five feet from Grand Avenue. I don't care if people spin it into a DL's is better thing, I just care that people finally see I am correct in this the argument, so this can end sooner than later. Carry on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom