News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Curious Constance

Well they do have some SW spacecraft and characters in attendance. :)

Here's the Disney Parks Blog post:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...med-land-groundbreaking-at-disneyland-park-2/

R2 looks so cute, doesn't he?

I used to sit next to this guy at work, he was 23. One day he looks at me and says, "Who the heck is R2D2???" I looked at him like he was from another planet. Pulled out my R2 D2 droid I made at Disneyland, and said, "You know, from Star Wars?" HE HAD NEVER HEARD OF HIM!!!!!! How is that possible? He's said, "My dad tired to make me watch Star Wars one time, there was so much sand, and it was so boring, I only watched about ten minutes." LOL

TP2000

I actually walked alongside the construction last night. The walking path on Disneyland Drive is right next to the site. You can look in, for now. It's absolutely enormous. I was floored by the sheer size of the area and bummed by the fact that it's mostly becoming Star Wars Land, while listening to ''Genesis Countdown'' from James Horner's Wrath of Khan score.

Yeah, it's massive. I was parked on the 4th floor of Mickey & Friends a couple weeks ago, and I walked up to the 6th floor and looked. It's stunning. Anyone parked at Mickey & Friends really needs to walk up to the roof to take a look.

TP2000

Good point. Is there actual SW ground breaking happening in Orlando right now? Have they even begun demoing any of the existing infrastructure?

Not really. There hasn't even been a real acknowledgement of where in DHS this land goes.

Disneyland is months ahead of the game on this one. Not sure what that means for the timing of both land's opening, but it appears Disneyland will open their land months (a full year?) ahead of the DHS version. Weird, huh?

Mike S

Not really. There hasn't even been a real acknowledgement of where in DHS this land goes.

Disneyland is months ahead of the game on this one. Not sure what that means for the timing of both land's opening, but it appears Disneyland will open their land months (a full year?) ahead of the DHS version. Weird, huh?
Not weird if you've followed WDW's recent projects. It's par for the course sadly.

Figments Friend

I actually walked alongside the construction last night. The walking path on Disneyland Drive is right next to the site. You can look in, for now. It's absolutely enormous. I was floored by the sheer size of the area and bummed by the fact that it's mostly becoming Star Wars Land, while listening to ''Genesis Countdown'' from James Horner's Wrath of Khan score.

James Horner is da' man.
Love his scores. I'm a big fan of a lot of his work.

So sad he is no longer with us....

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm looking forward to SW Land--a lot--but the irony of something simple and charming being bulldozed by an Entertainment Empire to tell a huge, high-tech anti-Empire story is too good to let slide. Then again, if I'd been an Anaheim orange tree lover in 1954, I'd have had a lot to complain about. :D

Big-Emoji-Quiz-level-133-Applause.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom