News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

George Lucas on a Bench

Yep! It's sad to me seeing Disney outsource their entertainment. This goes way beyond having Lucasfilm attractions. You walk into the park and the friggin' maps have Star Wars characters on the cover and everyone is wearing bad Star Wars and Marvel funny book character clothes. Eh whatever.

Mike S

Yep! It's sad to me seeing Disney outsource their entertainment. This goes way beyond having Lucasfilm attractions. You walk into the park and the friggin' maps have Star Wars characters on the cover and everyone is wearing bad Star Wars and Marvel funny book character clothes. Eh whatever.
Would've been better in DCA but then where to put Marvel Land? If only you guys had the "blessing of size." Even then it probably wouldn't help much though if Disney doesn't even take advantage of it here and does things like Frostrom.

D

Deleted member 107043

I don't understand how a science fiction space fantasy fits California Adventure better than DL.

Phroobar

We've already gone over this debate. Whether it fits or not, it is still coming and there is nothing anyone here can do about it.
Besides Star Wars has been part of DL for more than half it's existence. Time to get over it and your Jar Jar fantasies.

D

Deleted member 107043

Sorry for taking this off course. This thread should be for discussing the ongoing construction not bickering about which park SW belongs in.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 107043

Love it. The Groundbreaking for both parks... here's Disneyland, because DHS doesn't really have anything happening yet...

Good point. Is there actual SW ground breaking happening in Orlando right now? Have they even begun demoing any of the existing infrastructure?

Rich T

Can you imagine the outrage from fans if they had done this?
I've refrained from making Evil Empire comments... :D Actually, somebody really should merge the At-At attack scene with footage of the old river taken from the Mark Twain and make a GIF. Hmmmm...

I'm looking forward to SW Land--a lot--but the irony of something simple and charming being bulldozed by an Entertainment Empire to tell a huge, high-tech anti-Empire story is too good to let slide. Then again, if I'd been an Anaheim orange tree lover in 1954, I'd have had a lot to complain about. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom