News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

Martin mentioned the code names Alcatraz and Big Bird for the Battle Escape and Millennium Falcon rides, which are apparently used more in the WDW forum. I don't know about that since I don't get around over there much. Since he was using the code, several of us responding to him used it in return.

Not to mention Alcatraz is how it's being referred to by WDI unlike the Stormtrooper Battle Escape Prison Mission Breakout attraction. So much easier to type "Alcatraz." Maybe we ll get an official name at D23.

GiveMeTheMusic

I actually am far more on the doubting Thomas side of that rumour. It's never really been supported by a second person here.

MiceAge either got that rumor flat out wrong or they misunderstood what their source fed them, or the source misunderstood their own information. There was never a proposal for a mid-ride disembark.

Now what the various stages of the queue and pre-show could entail is another matter entirely, and I do not know what was settled on (as I imagine it must be settled by now).

vancee

MiceAge either got that rumor flat out wrong or they misunderstood what their source fed them, or the source misunderstood their own information. There was never a proposal for a mid-ride disembark.

Now what the various stages of the queue and pre-show could entail is another matter entirely, and I do not know what was settled on (as I imagine it must be settled by now).
cant u just tell us everything u know about star wars land and fantasmic 2.0, same to that other guy on here. plz i will love u forever

SuddenStorm

Any new news on Fantasmic! 2.0? I think it's weird Disney hasn't started advertising the changes at all. I guess they want all the attention on the MSEP so they might not advertise the changes till after the MSEP, then Mission Breakout, but the silence is killing me!

Emmanuel

Any new news on Fantasmic! 2.0? I think it's weird Disney hasn't started advertising the changes at all. I guess they want all the attention on the MSEP so they might not advertise the changes till after the MSEP, then Mission Breakout, but the silence is killing me!

Most likely just waiting for the right time to announce it. We'll likely get an announcement sometime between March-May

Curious Constance

Martin mentioned the code names Alcatraz and Big Bird for the Battle Escape and Millennium Falcon rides, which are apparently used more in the WDW forum. I don't know about that since I don't get around over there much. Since he was using the code, several of us responding to him used it in return.

Who the h is Martin?

DDLand

I actually am far more on the doubting Thomas side of that rumour. It's never really been supported by a second person here.

But yes, Martin isn't dumb. I just figured he misinterpreted my question initially. But that's the only way 'personal preference' would change ride time.
I'm with you, especially after the latest denials in this thread from people in the know. I will say that if anyone would try something this crazy, it would be Trowbridge. He's big into deeply personalized interactive experiences. I see where at least the idea would have been tossed around once upon a time...

Here's a brief video of the stuff they're pursuing:

If any if you are super interested about story software they're developing and how Jack Sparrow magically appears, this is another interesting (but lengthy) video:

Obviously all this is far too early to implement, and he even says something along the lines of "we have no idea how to do any of this on big scale," but I see how exiting in ride would allow a different type of immersive storytelling to take shape. It seems like it's very him.

TP2000

What is funny and ironic is that both those code words were first mentioned back in December 2015 in a Miceage article that blew the lid off the Star Wars Land project secrecy, and that news was all about the Disneyland version. http://micechat.com/116178-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-star-wars/

Then a month later in January 2016, Miceage had another update where it included its now-famous map of the project, that has been linked to and used a million times on other sites. In that 2016 update Miceage branded "Alcatraz" as "Battle Escape Attraction" and "Big Bird" as "Millenium Falcon Attraction". http://micechat.com/118668-disneyland-phantom-menace/

East coast fans latched onto those official code words quickly, and the west coast fans latched onto the unofficial descriptors for both rides. About the only thing this tells us is that east coast fans, forever lacking any formal insider website like Al Lutz/Miceage, read Miceage Updates about Disneyland for some reason. :cool:

D

Deleted member 107043

There are moments when I'm reminded that my passion for Disney parks has limits. This is one of those moments.

vancee

@GiveMeTheMusic if you tell me everything you know, I'll give you a genuine, one of a kind, Curious Constance HUG in June. You can't get there anywhere but here. Act fast, and I'll throw in a friendly smile, AND some extremely awkward small talk!!!!!
No tell me instead GiveMeTheMusic, I'll buy you a date with the goofy guy on freshbakedcrazy. I see him every once in awhile in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom