News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
Mega E ticket though, not just E? At DLR what would you count as a Mega E? Splash, Indy, RSR, Pirates, Mansion?

The description and artwork made BATB sound/ look like a D+. What have you heard that makes you think otherwise?

Yes. RSR/new PoTC would be Mega E tickets from this decade. Huge budgets, grandiose scale. Doesn't guarantee it will be the best ride ever, but they are spending like it.

B&TB is an 8 minute LPS ride from the Mystic Manor Imagineer. It carries a nearly 300 million USD budget just for the ride. RSR "apparently" was in the 200+ range. Still, budget comparables are always semi-useless. But they are spending about 1.8x the amount for this attraction versus Soaring that they are simultaneously building. Soaring WITH an actual nice facade I might add.

BATBA489674.jpg

Compare the number of the ride vehicles (6) and number of guests per (10) versus the general scale of Mystic Manor (4) and (6)...

banner_31.jpg

Trust me, no one is going to question that it's an E-ticket. Again, could be garbage... but it will still be an E.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Yes. RSR/new PoTC would be Mega E tickets from this decade. Huge budgets, grandiose scale. Doesn't guarantee it will be the best ride ever, but they are spending like it.

B&TB is an 8 minute LPS ride from the Mystic Manor Imagineer. It carries a nearly 300 million USD budget just for the ride. RSR "apparently" was in the 200+ range. Still, budget comparables are always semi-useless. But they are spending about 1.8x the amount for this attraction versus Soaring that they are simultaneously building. Soaring WITH an actual nice facade I might add.

BATBA489674.jpg

Compare the number of the ride vehicles (6) and number of guests per (10) versus the general scale of Mystic Manor (4) and (6)...

banner_31.jpg

Trust me, no one is going to question that it's an E-ticket. Again, could be garbage... but it will still be an E.

Yeah sounds pretty impressive. I forgot about some of the details like the fact that it is 8 minutes long. I asked Spirit a while back if BATB was coming to DLR and he said it was being discussed but never specified if it was an attraction or BOG.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Project Delos is the code name for the deconstruction phase (Atlantis is the building phase). The 2023 date is either a mistake or when things were up in the air, how long the contract was good for... maybe?

And the reference to Delos is gone from that site. Thank you, Google cache!
Atlantis was long disregarded.

Delos is the current building project in Anaheim. Delos II Orlando.

sirstude

I have a question for someone who lives in the Orange area. What is the dirt like where they are building in all these pictures. Is it like garden dirt, sandy or some kind of clay. I know I sure don't see any rocks in it. Up here in Montana it would be all rocks. Just kind of trying to figure out what they are working with?

Phroobar

I have a question for someone who lives in the Orange area. What is the dirt like where they are building in all these pictures. Is it like garden dirt, sandy or some kind of clay. I know I sure don't see any rocks in it. Up here in Montana it would be all rocks. Just kind of trying to figure out what they are working with?
Sand, silt and clay.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Atlantis was long disregarded.

Delos is the current building project in Anaheim. Delos II Orlando.

Do they really need a code name now that everyone knows what it is and sees it being built? Or is Delos II code for all the ongoing projects like the supposed maybe Marvel Land?

FerretAfros

Or could it be that the ride vehicle takes you on the south side of that circle, you enter the larger show room/building and the vehicle then takes you back out the north side of the circle?
Pure speculation, but it reminds me of the middle area of this:
4748312772_c3ab4b86a7_z.jpg

Which was home to one of the most amazing "I understand the premise of how this works, but how *do* they do it!?" moments in any attraction. The technical wizardry that creates this scene embodies the "Disney magic" to me more than any schmaltzy showtune medley ever could:
Dre895027LARGE.jpg

However, given the relatively small size, perhaps it will be something more like the rotating projection domes used in Universal's Forbidden Journey attraction (which are entirely effective, though certainly less of a jaw-dropping moment):
fj_carousel1.png

Then again, by the very nature of trackless vehicles, it's entirely unnecessary to keep them moving at all times, so there's no real need for a turntable-type setup in the first place

180º

Have I got my wires crossed? Are we talking about the same circular foundation photo?
It appears our circular foundation in question is within the walls of the Alcatraz building and connected to the "Utah" pit, and even then, it's on the side farthest from the Falcon.

On a side note, it's funny how in different forums we have different names for things. I just used the WDW forum terminology here (Alcatraz and Utah) whereas here in the Disneyland forum we tend to call it Battle Escape. I can't remember what we call the pit, but we don't call it the Utah Swimming Pool. Maybe just the Great Big Hole in the Ground?

BrianLo

Original Poster
Have I got my wires crossed? Are we talking about the same circular foundation photo?

I think so, as others have mentioned the new circular foundation is connected to the Battle Escape pit on the opposite side of the Falcon ride.

However, there are new pours with tarps on the East side of the plot next to Toontown that are our first we've seen of the Falcon site prep. I assume you don't mean those. The circular one is definitely a progressive showscene foundation. Not big enough for Falcon's Carousels though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It appears our circular foundation in question is within the walls of the Alcatraz building and connected to the "Utah" pit, and even then, it's on the side farthest from the Falcon.

On a side note, it's funny how in different forums we have different names for things. I just used the WDW forum terminology here (Alcatraz and Utah) whereas here in the Disneyland forum we tend to call it Battle Escape. I can't remember what we call the pit, but we don't call it the Utah Swimming Pool. Maybe just the Great Big Hole in the Ground?
Can you link the photo please?

Technically it's Alcatraz and Big Bird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom