News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

Some rather interesting detailing is being added to the sidewalls outside the new railroad tunnel. I wonder if they'll add some 3 dimensional rockwork along the top of those walls or will they keep the hard straight edge at the top.

DLU-Jan-30-FUT-10.jpg

Practical Pig

I'm intrigued by the curved structures taking shape in that shallow basement excavation. There's a zoom-in on that feature at about the 6:00 mark in the last construction vid posted.

vancee

I think that big pit is going to be apart of the queue, I remember seeing rendering for the queue for battle escape or something and it had a big circular pit.

Practical Pig

I think that big pit is going to be apart of the queue, I remember seeing rendering for the queue for battle escape or something and it had a big circular pit.

Do you mean this rendering?

Star Wars Land Circles 4.jpg

If so, I don't think that's what we're seeing in the construction videos, which now has foundation walls going vertical. The link is to one of Darkbeer's photos from his tour of the resort district yesterday. Thanks Darkbeer!

https://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Anaheim-Resort-District-1312017/i-ZPb6CGJ

After seeing that shot, I now think the structure is the foundation for one of the domed buildings, some of which are atop circular foundations.

Star Wars land Circles 2.jpg

Last edited:

Phroobar

Talk about being Disneyed out. He needs to go to Disneyland in that outfit!

I have a picture of my oldest when he was four dressed in his Disneyland shirt, Mickey sunglasses and Mickey ears hat. I think he shoes had Mickey on them. It was the uniform he would wear to Disneyland.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Do you mean this rendering?

View attachment 187285

If so, I don't think that's what we're seeing in the construction videos, which now has foundation walls going vertical. The link is to one of Darkbeer's photos from his tour of the resort district yesterday. Thanks Darkbeer!

https://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Anaheim-Resort-District-1312017/i-ZPb6CGJ

After seeing that shot, I now think the structure is the foundation for one of the domed buildings, some of which are atop circular foundations.

View attachment 187286

It's actually still the ride building itself. The show building is yuuuuuuge and the Western boundaries of it haven't been fully outlined yet. Lots of the ride will be below ground level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom